Monday 30 May 2022

Back to the old Routine.


We have plenty of Artichokes, Strawberries, Cherries, and Sunshine; and the pool is open and awaiting its first swimmers.


We also have LOTS of GRASS, and are hoping for our nice neighbour Claude to come by with his tractor to mow.

Of our two ride-on mowers, Rory started at once but needs the blades changing, and Reg' refuses to start. I'll have to get 'our man' in to pass his magic wand over them. Trying to cut a couple of acres of metre high grass with a pair of nail scissors ain't going to work


The pool thermometer says 18 C, but we'll have a swim anyway. Outside it's 24 C in the shade; and I always prefer to get out of the water into hot sunshine, rather than to swim in warmer water without sun.

Oh, and I nearly forgot. Half the house has no electricity; no doubt a short circuit somewhere. Can't find our Electrician yet; he may have gone on holiday. I'll try calling him again today. 

And 'YES'; here (below) is Claude with his tractor cutting the grass. We still have some wonderful neighbours; really good old friends who we've known for almost 50 years, and with whom we've grown-up. It's such a shame that some of the newcomers are such shits an odd bunch!


p.s. My swim lasted just two lengths; it was bloody freezing. Cold again this morning (4.45am), so the water will need to warm-up again. I'll break the ice again later this afternoon.

17 comments:

  1. PLEASE EXCUSE ME IF I DON'T REPLY TO COMMENTS. WE DON'T HAVE ELCTRICITY IN HALF THE HOUSE AND WE ARE ALSO EXTREMELY BUSY. I SHALL REPLY TO COMMENTS AGAIN VERY SOON (I HOPE).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're back in France! I hope the pool water warms more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's lots of grass, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you both have a great summer. Must be wonderful to be back in your old haunts. I bet Billy thinks so too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your summer. It seems you already are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't realise that your trip to France was happening so soon. Enjoy....once you get everything sorted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. With a snap of your fingers you are transferred to warmer climes. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thought you might have stayed until after the Jubilee. Billy will enjoy having a large garden to run around.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Must be wonderful to be back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you get the niggles sorted soon. It must feel a little odd to be back after your happy months in busy Brighton.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw you revealed where you were on a comment to Jaycee a few days ago. Does French wiring not have contact breakers that you can check and eliminate the culprit causing the electricity failure?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I look forward to reading about your life in the countryside of France.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you're back and almost settled in. Now I shall miss reading of your doings in Brighton.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It must feel great to be back in France! Look at that grass. The pool sounds chilly but great. Once the electricity is resolved all will be good. Billy must be happy to be running in the countryside.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll bet Billy is thrilled to be off leash again!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! That came around quickly. Here's to summer!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...