Friday 13 May 2022

The Death of a Dog.


After having written recently about Dog names, I remembered that I'd written this 'poem' about a month after our Dog 'Bok' (below) died. 

You looked at me with an unusual expression in your eyes,

eyes that said your time had come.

You could no longer run or play with friends

now you just sleep; the joy of life has gone.

We stayed close for your last few days

I stroked your loving face and kept you company

Until there was no more use for the word goodbye.

Your new home is now of earth, amongst your favourite toys and games,

and old friends by your side.

I tend your plot with wetted eyes, and 

spend my hours alone.

The good times have gone, but everywhere we used to walk

your spirit remains.

I miss you more than words can say.

(Jan 2019.)


I still miss him.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...