Monday 23 January 2012

Mrs Lirriper.


May I recommend BBC Radio 4 Extra's current airing of Charles Dickens's little-known 'Mrs Lirriper'.

The wonderful Julia McKenzie plays the part of Mrs P, and the whole production is faultless (other than some kid who plays the 'grandson' in Part 1).

One wonders how many people listen to radio plays these days, but in this case I have no hesitation in recommending that you do so; if only to marvel at Ms McKenzie's acting ability.

It should still be available on iPlayer for a few days.

2 comments:

  1. Will definitely try and find this Cro. I thought I had read every Dicken's written...I've never heard of this one. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not heard of this one either. I love listening to stories over the radio and will look for this one.
    Arleen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...