Saturday 30 May 2015

Périgord Oysters?



You never know what'll turn-up in the fields around here, yesterday I found this small 5 by 4 cm oyster on my early morning walk. I'm not sure if it's an actual Oyster, or a fossilised Oyster; it looks to be half and half.

In either case, what was it doing in a field sowed with Maize?


In the past I've found other fossilised bi-valves nearby; one of which was quite a large Clam-type crustacean. I suppose the whole area must have been below water at some time, so one shouldn't be too surprised to find such things.



8 comments:

  1. Global warming of course was to blame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it was someones lunch ?!!!! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't try eating it under any circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you bring it to Rachel's party?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope somebody can solve this puzzle, I'm intrigued

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm very jealous of anyone who finds fossils just as they go about their daily business!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...