Thursday 25 April 2013

HMS Dangerous-Fun.


Firstly I would like to wish my lovely grandson, Harvey J, a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY. He is 7 today; what a wonderful age. Grumpy sends you 7 very big kisses.



It's just about finished; HMS Dangerous-Fun has been named (especially for Harvey J), and is ready to take its Pirate crew on board.



The safety rails are all in place, the Jolly Roger is flying, and there's treasure just waiting to be taken.



I've suggested to Lady M, that in a few years time I'll build another higher floor that will be big enough to take a bed, and have a pukka roof. Another 6 ft up the branches spread out, making it easier to create a larger floor surface area. But for the moment, that's as far up as it goes.



Access is by rope ladder only (to keep out adults). There's a swing built above a steep bank. When flying backwards it's about 2 ft above ground, and when at full flight forwards it's about 10 ft above ground. I've tried it; it's great. It's the swing equivalent of an infinity pool. Otherwise there will be a hammock underneath, and a large sail above, but those I'll install nearer to when the Pirates arrive.

'Dangerous-Fun' was the theme to last year's holiday, so it seemed only fair to name it thus! Hopefully even more dangerous-fun this year.


Posted by Picasa

20 comments:

  1. That is absolutely fantastic! You are going to spend many a happy hour on the ground alongside, throwing buckets of water on people during "storms".

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Swallows and Amazons forever!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful Grumpy you are - although it is not so much a tree-house as a tree-balcony. The boys will love it. Ahoy there me hearties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW I want one of my own!

    Happy birthday Harvey, have a brilliant day. Bet you can't wait to get to Grandpas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's brilliant...completely brilliant. They will love it. J.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wicked cool! Happy Birthday Harvey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's magnificent! Can't see the spud guns...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My youngest once tried to get through 'security' at Gatwick with his spud gun. He was hauled off by the cops; he was only about 6.

      Delete
  8. Looks beyond superb Cro...what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great safe place to live dangerously in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Cro, that is so incredibly awesome! What lucky little boys your grandsons are!

    And Happy Birthday Harvey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fortunate he is and how talented you are..it looks smashing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday to Harvey J. Cro you've done a fantastic job - they're going to love staying at Grampy's house.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous. Wish I were 7 again and could borrow you as my Grumpy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your remaining chickens can roost up there too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. When I was a kid, we used to build tree forts all the time. My Dad would get so mad when he hunted for a hammer and could not find it. I imagine one day, when those woods are excavated they will find many iron hammer heads. :-)
    Our Grands are coming for 8 days in August. Wishing you were here to build them a pirate ship. I am passed being able to climb trees. You must be well fit. I am interested in a zip line, but everyone else looks at me like "are you crazy? they would kill themselves" .....party crashers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That looks amazing! We used to have a tree house in a pair of old yew trees when we were younger. My brother and I would spend hours if not days in there pretending it was a pirate ship! I think they'll love it

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...