Friday 12 April 2013

Doggerel.




And did those dogs in modern time
Walk upon France's lawns so green
And were both Mont' and Bok 
On France's pleasant pastures seen.

And did the countenance divine
Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
And was Lumberjack builded here
Amongst these light angelic thrills?

Bring me my glass of yearning rouge
Bring me my brushes of desire
Bring me my paints, O clouds unfold
Bring me my canvases of fire.

I will not cease from mental fight
Nor shall my dogs sleep in my home
Till we have built Lumberjack
In France's green and pleasant loam.

N.B. 'Lumberjack' is Mr Spellcheck's suggestion for what he sees as the incomprehensible name of my village.

With apologies to William Blake.
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

  1. Happy dogs!! Just raising a glass of New Zealand yearning rouge in your direction, Cro. (Ms Spellcheck thinks "Zealand" should be "dreamland".)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'New Dreamland' does have a certain ring to it!

      Delete
  2. What a stunning view the dogs have whilst basking on the freshly cut grass of Lumberjack country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh Cro ..I just love your style ...you go and call that village "Lumberjack"...happy happy dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And did those dogs
    look calm and rested
    upon the green
    fair France was vested.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What poetry was spun
    upon the vale reclined
    friends beneath the sun
    paradise redefined.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Billy Blake would agree with you, Cro.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, I'm so glad I popped in to catch this post. Very nice! Ya know, I think there's something to be said about leading a "dog's life". Especially when they're YOUR dogs.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...