Sunday 14 April 2013

Kim Jong-un.



Those who live in free-thinking democracies will be shocked at what is now going on in N Korea.

Before I started writing this, I had so much I wanted to say about such regimes and those who suffer under them, but now that I find myself in front of my keyboard, I'm dumbstruck; not usually a Cro-characteristic.

When I did my CCF Officer Training Course, the first line of the first paragraph on page one of the 'How to Win Wars' book stated; Know your enemy, go in strong, and go in hard. I think a few powerful countries might need to get together, and follow that advice (which they rarely do). Let's just hope the upstart fat boy comes to his senses before it's necessary. 

My sympathy goes out to all those poverty-stricken North Korean citizens who are totally brainwashed and powerless in the face of such awful puerile arrogance and bellicosity.

p.s. Don't you think he'd look better holding a large white fluffy cat?

p.p.s. I've known one or two hard-n-fast Communists; people a bit like the anti-Thatcherite hoodies we've seen rioting in recent days. The one dilemma I always offered was to imagine themselves standing on the border between North and South Korea, and to chose where they would prefer to live. As you can imagine, it was difficult getting a direct answer from them, but in the end no-one actually went along with the courage of their convictions; they'd rather be somewhere where they can express their opinions.


15 comments:

  1. Well said indeed, Cro. A truly evil regime. The impassive faces of those medal-bedecked old men are the stuff of nightmares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He even has a face that most men would just slap* rather than punch*. Why are those other gentlemen wearing so many Sheriff stars?

    * Repeatedly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shouldn't there be an apostrophe in his name, like "Young 'un"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Thaw white fluffy cat comment is spot on Cro! He does look like a Bond villain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Thaw" was meant to be "the" but I am struck how it looks like a hillbilly version of "thou"

      Delete
  5. He looks like a fat sulky kid who was bullied in childhood and now EVERYONE is going to pay for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least in Angola we have a benign dictator. Plenty of corruption, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another case where the sequel is worse than the original :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could think of a few comments but my mouth might run away with me. He looks like an overindulged spoilt brat. Kick his arse!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A spoiled brat with way too much power. Thanks for your words.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...