Tuesday 27 February 2024

RUSSIAN JUMPSTYLE (HARDJUMP)


I'm not a 'dancer', not at all, but I do occasionally attempt a simple twirl at French country fetes; where no-one is expected to know any recognisable steps anyway. 

In some ways I would liked to have learned a few classic dances, simply so I wouldn't have to be a wallflower, or disgrace myself. But it was not to be.

Of all the modern dances, I have always disliked 'break-dancing' the most. I'm sure it's all very clever, and difficult, but it does nothing for me at all.

However I do rather like this spin-off JumpStyle dancing (below). It is energetic, aesthetic, and exciting; even if I'm not over keen on the music. This example below is from Russia, and the business starts at about 35 secs. I don't think I'll be learning the moves, just give me a comfy seat and I'll watch from the sidelines.

Tell me what you think.


24 comments:

  1. I have seen more beautiful dances than these, it is definitely something challenging for the dancers, they must be young and in good shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Errrrr! I'm exhausted just watching!
    Makes French style "Line dancing" seem very tame!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how suddenly all that energy is released. Perhaps you could combine Line Dancing with Jumpstyle?

      Delete
    2. Teehee! Change rythm every minute?

      Delete
  3. Not a lot of choreography involved ..... there's only one move 🤣🤣🤣. I think I can honestly say it's not my favourite kind of dancing although, anyone can do it so everyone can join in !!! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the energy and co-ordination. If I was 76 again I'd be joining them.

      Delete
  4. Many years ago I could Jive, which took about as much energy, but definitely looked a lot better than that! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rather like the look of the above, but probably because they're all doing it in some unison.

      Delete
  5. I think you have deleted a post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have indeed. I was a little perturbed by the woke brigade who were defending defenseless behaviour. I had an idea they would appear, but that doesn't excuse them.

      Delete
  6. My feet hurt, just watching this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not the type of "dancing" to do after a big meal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks more like an exercise boot camp offered by some gyms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look more like exercise than dancing, but that's probably a good thing.

      Delete
  9. Goodness, I am going to have a lay down, just to revive myself from watching. I can't dance , but love watching others who can. It is romantic holding a person in ones arms and moving to the music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing romantic about 'jumpstyle'; more like punishment.

      Delete
  10. It just looks like a super fast exercise class to me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...