Monday 12 February 2024

I really shouldn't laugh


Daily dog walking duties.

7.30 am Me.

10.30 am Lady M.

1.45 pm Me.

4. 30 pm Lady M.

As in most of the UK, we've been having a spot of intermittent light rain recently. Nothing drastic but you never really know when it's going to start, or finish.

For some bizarre reason (maybe the gods are smiling at me), when I take Billy out it tends to be dry, then as soon as Lady M takes him, it pours.

This hasn't happened just once, it happens quite regularly.

I'm just waiting for her to say "From now on I'll do 7.30 am and 1.45 pm, and you can do the wetter 10.30 am and 4.30 pm.

I shall, of course, refuse. I have this agreement with the weather gods, that if they don't piss on me, I won't piss on them. I'm sticking to my part of the bargain.


21 comments:

  1. Pour { haha ! } Lady M !!! I hope you make her a warming cuppa when she gets back. Whenever I think about the British weather, it is often clear in the mornings and evenings whatever the season...... did you factor that in wneh the arrangements were made ? XXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This became the norm simply because I get-up earlier than her.

      Delete
  2. Lady M has been blessed by the rain God..... Or Goddess. Lucky lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she's more of a weather person than I am.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It's supposed to rain here tomorrow, but my fingers are crossed for when!

      Delete
  4. You never want to upset the weather gods.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think my husband was part duck. He loved a walk in the rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a wonderful covered outdoor terrace in France where it is perfect for storm watching; as long as I keep dry.

      Delete
    2. I do love watching a good storm, lightening and all.

      Delete
  6. Poor Lady M - I hope she has a decent raincoat and wellies!
    If it's absolutely pouring down my dog will refuse to go walkies, and I won't persuade her otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She always goes out looking as if she's heading for a Rainy North Pole.

      Delete
  7. Rick only gets two walks a day. Now he's read this and is demanding four!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Billy only gets four because he's really walking us! We wouldn't get out much otherwise.

      Delete
  8. You will have to gift Lady M with some new rain gear. She needs dry gear for each walk. Also a nice cup of tea or coffee should be ready upon her return home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photo of rain flying off Billy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dogs are mostly self-healing, self-cleaning, and self-drying.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...