Saturday 19 October 2024

My TV choices.

 

Without a garden to tend, I have more time on my hands in the cooler months, so, if I don't have a decent book to read, I do watch a bit of TV. 

My taste in TV is quite limited. I don't watch violent programmes, or disaster movies, or soaps where they do nothing but shout at each in 'estuary' accents. In fact there's very little that I do regularly watch (other than The News and PMQ's).

I do like The Repair Shop, even though they're mostly repeats. I quite like DIY SOS, even though they're also all repeats. I really enjoy Drew Pritchard's 'Salvage Hunters'. I enjoy all Rick Stein shows. I sometimes watch 'Escape to the Country', but seldom watch more than 10 mins. That's about it. I think they're all repeats.

There's a new Archeological show on BBC2 (Digging Britain?), but it's very slow and rarely of any real interest. 

Strangely I do rather like seeing old barn-find vehicles being restored, and there is a programme that caters. I think it's called Shed-n-Buried. The content is interesting, but the presenter is a plonker. 

There seems to be far too many repeats on TV at the moment, but none of which interest me too much. If we're going to have endless repeats, why not a re-run of Ab-Fab or Lovejoy? We used to have such good short plays or sit-coms; these have now all gone.

7 comments:

  1. Have you looked at what used to be UK TV (now called U I think)? They have run quite a number of classic BBC series - New Tricks, Miss Marple, Lovejoy etc, and its free to watch, although you do have to put up with adverts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall have a look, it would be good to see certain old favourites again.

      Delete
  2. I also watch some of the programs you watch, I also watch the food channel and the travel channel, but mainly news channels here and around the world, especially in the last year. Reality has turned into an adventure movie that I could not have imagined.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all feel for you Yael; it must be a nightmare.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Some of the sob-stories are a bit exaggerated. But it's all good stuff.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...