Friday 23 September 2022

The next Tory PM?

 

The Tory Party has already elected three female Prime Ministers, but whether or not they are ready for a person of colour I'm not yet sure. The 'Shires' can hide some very conservative Conservatives.

However, as I personally have no such hang-ups, I am putting forward Kwasi Kwarteng's name as a prospective future leader. He fits the bill pretty well and claims many of the better attributes of previous PM Boris Johnson.


He has an impeccable education record, Eton where he was a King's Scholar (as was BJ), and Trinity Cambridge where he studied Classics and History, receiving a 1st in both subjects. He also studied at Harvard, and later received a PhD in Economic History from Cambridge.

He was a columnist with The Daily Telegraph (as was BJ), a Financial Analyst with J P Morgan, and eventually became an MP for the Spelthorne district of the UK's finest county, Surrey. He certainly knows what makes the country tick!

Once elected as an MP he held various junior/senior ministerial positions and is currently Chancellor of the Exchequer under PM Liz Truss.

I do understand that looking for a future PM just as a new one has been installed could be seen as a tad pessimistic, but it's always good to look forwards and I enjoy making predictions; even if they're mostly wrong.

I suggest that Kwasi Kwarteng is someone worth following. He is a highly intelligent man and would certainly have my vote in a few years' time. If you don't know who Kwarteng is, he'll be announcing a 'mini budget' today at Westminster. He should be worth watching.

p.s. I recently championed Penny Mordaunt for the position of Prime Minister, but this wasn't to be. However, many will have seen her performing her duties as Lord President of the Council of Great Britain during the proclamation ceremony for the new King. She has received widespread praise for her performance. I still think she would have made a more interesting PM than Ms Truss.

15 comments:

  1. God help Kwarteng if he has indeed got some of Johnson's better attributes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now now, we mustn't be jealous! It'll be a miracle when anyone from the opposition can come anywhere close!

      Delete
  2. Somehow I don't think you will have to wait too long before a possible vote for Kwarteng.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not sure about him. Wasn't he involved in some sort of lobbying scandal a while ago?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea, usually such 'scandals' are invented by the opposition. If all else fails, etc.

      Delete
  4. Did you not see his ridiculoue behaviour at HM the Queen's funeral?
    He appeared to be chatting on his phone and laughing, chatting to himself and laughing, or quite possibly, 'on something'!
    I think he's a total prat, an obnoxious prat!
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another 'conspiracy theory' I imagine. I've just been watching his mini budget where he has delivered exactly what the country needs. Lower taxes, help with rising costs, and yet more assistance for newly established businesses. A highly intelligent and forward-thinking politician.

      You always know how successful a politician is by the nonsense aimed at them by the opposition. Two good examples above.

      Delete
  5. It's not a conspiracy theory, he was sitting behind and to the right of that dreadful harpy Carrie Johnson. The video is there for all to see!
    I'm a died in the wool Tory, just as you are, but I'm not a fan of Kwarteng!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just had a look on YouTube, and all I could see was him laughing at something that probably happened off camera. Hardly a hanging offence.

      Delete
  6. I have to agree with Col. Kwarteng's behavior was disgraceful and immature while sitting at the back among other politicians waiting for the The Queen's Service to begin.
    Cro is clearly not a Twitter person, with it's fast and up to the minute rolling news outlet, as it was there that the video of Kwarteng went viral.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really didn't see anything to complain about. I myself am a 'laugher' and can burst into laughter at the most inappropriate moments.

      Delete
    2. Politicians are also humans and are capable of strange things. I can remember one Labour man turning-up at the Cenotaph wearing a Donkey Jacket. Imagine that!

      Delete
  7. Anyone that steps in to political life has to be a very brave individual. It's a dirty game. Personally, I do not see the draw. That said, we need strong capable people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need the most capable people for the job. We mustn't forget than a good percentage of Brits wanted Corbyn, Abbott, and Co in No 10. Just imagine that!!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...