Thursday 24 September 2020

"After you've gone "


I'm not normally big on Jazz; it's not something I would regularly listen to during my daily evening music hour, but I make an exception for the exceptional Joan Chamorro band.

Here we have Eva Fernandez singing, with an amazing Sax solo from genius Luigi Grasso. Rita Payés is on bone, and Joan Chamorro is joined by Andrea Motis on back-up Saxes. 

I love the way the three girls applaud Grasso's solo; they obviously have huge admiration for him. Superb.



18 comments:

  1. I, in direct contrast, can't imagine life without jazz. This was a delightful performance. Thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to see (hear) good musicianship in all genres. These young players, under the guidance of Chamorro, are quite remarkable; Andrea Motis probably now the most renowned.

      Delete
  2. Not a great jazz fan Cro - but could make an exception here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These young players are so talented. Chamorro is a wonderful teacher.

      Delete
  3. Brilliant ... right up my Dads alley !!!! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. Radio 3 has jazz 5 to 6.30pm on Saturdays, just when I'm preparing the evening meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did actually go to an Acker Bilk concert when I was about 16; I quite enjoyed it too.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing Crozier. Jazz isn't usually my cup of tea either but I enjoyed that. The band seemed to have a happy togetherness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's their youth that does it. Very enthusiastic.

      Delete
  6. Jazz as instrumental music does not appeal to me, but smoky voiced female jazz singers do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms Fernandez does a good job; very relaxed with good phrasing. Just what it needs.

      Delete
  7. I like jazz. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...