Wednesday 20 June 2012

Guest writer: Monty... 'My Family'.


This is my Mum, with two of her boys; the one on the right I 'think' was me; it's hard to tell because we were all so damned handsome, and all so damned similar.  

The picture was taken whilst I was still at Miss Tadpole's Rescue Centre. 

I had four brothers, all of whom found homes as quickly as I did; and my Mum has a new home too, she'd been badly treated by her previous family. How anybody could maltreat a Labrador (especially my Mum), I really don't know. We have the kindest friendliest nature of almost any dog.


And this is a photo of me now. Perhaps I was thinking about my mother. Perhaps I was thinking about my four brothers. Actually, I expect I was just thinking how very lucky I am, and what a wonderful bloody life I have!

Do you see the family resemblance? Of course you do; we're both Labs, and we're both GORGEOUS. 


18 comments:

  1. He looks very content. A lovely dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a handsome boy - you are obviously besotted and I can see why. We used to have a black lab living next door and because he was a bit neglected I used to walk him every day - I was devastated when they moved house - that's the trouble with dogs - they steal your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps he was thinking "I wish you would stop playing with that camera and get me my dinner"
    He is a handsome boy and definitely landed on his feet when he found you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew a black Labrador dawg once. Only ever answered to the name of "Dinner's ready boy".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh Monty...you look just like your Mum...lucky boy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I just LOVE labs. They are the nicest, kindest, smartest, handsomest, funniest dogs. I wish we could have one but our house is far too small. Lucky you to have such a great pooch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite expect our house is even smaller, but we have big open countryside right outside our front door.

      Delete
  7. My daughter has a wonderful yellow lab named Max. Other than leaving a ton of hair around the house every day, he is the best pet anyone could ever have. He is 100 lbs of pure love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I estimate that at 45.5 Kilos. Ours weighs in at 40 Kilos; still a big boy!

      Delete
    2. and he's only 17 months old.

      Delete
  8. I'm glad his Mom was rescued as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad all of you found good homes, including Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love him! Don't expect he's thinking anything profound....those folks who wish that 'they could talk' should not be surprised to find it would all be about food. 'G'is biscuit, g'orn. G'is a biscuit.....'

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a handsome chap you were . . . and still are. Handsome and blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hurrah for Miss Tadpole. I'm glad the whole family found loving homes. We need more Misses Tadpole in this world, I fear. What a handsome boy you are, you should do more guest posts, Monty.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...