A diverse offering twixt the interesting, the unusual, and the amusing.
Saturday, 5 May 2012
10 Things your mother never told you about DOGS.
1. They fart, a lot (mostly indoors).
2. They vomit, a lot (often indoors).
3. They poo, a lot (occasionally indoors).
4. They moult their own weight in hair each year.
5. They refuse to obey even the simplest of commands.
6. They sleep on your best sofa, when given strict instructions NOT TO!
7. They have a bizarre sexual attraction for female guests' legs.
8. They know exactly how to imitate Bambi-style dewy eyes.
9. They show more unconditional love than any other (and I mean 'any other') living breathing creature.
9a.... and demand nothing in return other than the occasional stroke, walk, bowl of dry multi-coloured biscuits, and water.
10. Then after about 15 years, just when you've begun to tolerate them, they sprout wings and leave you with a broken heart.
The difference between an optimist and a pessimist, is that the optimist enjoys himself whilst waiting for the inevitable! I AM that optimist!
This is a daily, optimistic, 'photos and comments' blog. I make no judgements (only occasionally), just notes. If you wish to comment in any way at all, please feel free. Everything and everyone (except the obdurate and dictatorial) is very welcome.
I was born just south of London, but for the past 50 years I've lived in S W France. I am a painter by profession, and writer by desire. Lady Magnon and I live between an ancient cottage in a tiny village in perfectly tranquil French countryside, and a bijou townhouse in Brighton UK. In France we have plenty of fruit trees, all situated amongst a view that takes the breath away, in the UK we have a handkerchief sized patio. We also have a Border Collie called Billy. I try to treat our planet with respect, and encourage others to do likewise (without preaching).
Contentment is a glass of red, a plate of charcuterie, and a slice of good country bread. Perfect!