Sunday 17 April 2011

I'm Such A Messy Bugger.

I don't mean to be; but I really am a messy bugger when it comes to painting (and life in general). Actually, on reflection, I think the above looks quite tidy.

I'm meticulously clean, and well organised, when it comes to everything concerning food; even though the kitchen itself looks more like a rag-n-bone man's garden shed (that's about to change). It's the same in the garden, and at Haddock's, where I like everything to be in order; but, to be honest, the weeds, slugs, and insects have the upper hand.

Now with an ever-growing, lolloping, permanently hungry, adolescent dog (4 month old pup') in the house, there are bits of chewed shoes, bones, and sticks, all over the place.

I'm almost at the stage of just giving-in to all the mess, dust, and rubbish.

Did you ever see programmes about barmy old people who live with 20 cats, a dozen dogs, and mountains of urine-soaked newspapers?..... Well I'm seriously considering that as an option.

7 comments:

  1. It takes all my energy to keep my mind tidy and everything in order...there is no time left for the house. What did you tell me once? A spotless house is an indication of a woman with nothing better to do? Something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The original saying is much more expressive, but it stands true.... I think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I clean but it doesn't look like it. There's this naughty fairy who keeps messing things up right behind my back. I can hear her laughing as I turn corners, exit doorways, take out the trash, etc. I'm thinking about putting up a trap. Until then I will just accept that my house will never be clean. I have things to write, pictures to draw, kids to take care of, food to cook. Actually what I need is one of those self-cleaning houses. Yeah. I'll get on that too, after I buy the trap. Later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have hoardes of invisible spiders. They weave their webs over night, leaving a perfect new set for each morning. After a while we give-up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cro - tell me about it! I think we're all the same! Just too much to do and not enough energy to do it all. And in the end does it matter anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This weekend, I got seven huge tubes of oil paint, a handful of brushes, three canvases and a large sketchpad. Stay tuned. Messiness is sure to ensue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You all make me laugh, love the naughty fairy. I've decided you just can't have much fun in life if your always keeping the hut spotless.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...