Thursday 24 January 2019

A new Law for 2019.



For 2019, I would like to see a ban on the wearing of 'hoodies' and all types of face masks, in public. Wear them at home to frighten your Granny; no problem, but not out on the street. Mrs May (or whoever) please note!

I find it extraordinary that we tolerate gangs of young men hanging around street corners wearing 'hoodies' and balaclavas.

There is only one reason for young men to hide their faces, and that's so as not to be recognised, or identified, or recorded. They will do anything in order to disguise what could possibly be used against them for later criminal identification. Personally I never hang around street corners wearing a mask, simply because I have no reason to hide my face; also, I have better things to do. One has to presume that THEY do have reasons for anonymity, and they also have nothing better to do. That's almost like admitting guilt in advance!

I have to add that I find loitering gangs of masked and hooded youths extremely intimidating; even if they're behaving themselves. They should be made to show their faces AT ALL TIMES when in public.

I know I'll receive accusations of racism, as this would obviously have to include that small group of Muslim women who like to completely hide their faces, but this would be a small price to pay. However, I imagine that a lot of those women would love the freedom of wearing more attractive clothing, or even simply a headscarf; and they could always wear their 'overalls' at home, to make their otherwise irate husbands happy.

When I was much younger, if a dodgy character was seen in a striped jumper, wearing a mask, and carrying a sack marked 'Swag' over his shoulder (the equivalent of today's masked hoodies), Plod would have grabbed him, and marched him straight off to the slammer.

I think Plod should take a leaf from the past; but first he needs the blessing of Westminster to do so. When John Major was PM, he famously (controversially) said "Society needs to 'condemn' a little more, and 'understand' a little less". I think he was right.



20 comments:

  1. O dear have you never been to a masked ball dear boy ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No; but aren't they usually held INDOORS?

      Delete
    2. No not always. The last one we had was on the terrace and jolly good fun.
      If you promote fear you live in fear and are never without that phobia.

      Delete
  2. I could have done with a balaclava walking the dog the other morning, it was so cold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just don't hang around with your local 'gang' on the way back.

      Delete
  3. Many years ago the RAC had adverts with their patrolmen wearing a black helmet, I thought that sinister at the time - and told them. Free the face please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some coverings are designed to be menacing; others are menacing by mistake (I imagine).

      Delete
  4. In my teens it was the era of peace and love, which came late to my corner of the country, but most of us just quietly got on with the business of growing up. I always felt totally safe.
    Today's young people seem to live in a totally different world. I would not like to be young now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was very small it was the era of the Teddy Boys, but they were more a fashion statement than nasty; although some liked to paint them otherwise.

      Delete
  5. A man who was an Austrian bank robber disguised himself as a muslim woman dressed all in black. His getaway was invariably captured on security cameras and regularly published in the papers. Eventually he was captured for real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He should have been refused entry at the door. No face; no entry!

      Delete
  6. I don't like seeing hoodie clad youth either, but it is fashion for most of them. Balaclavas and Muslim face covering are a whole 'nother matter. You hide your face from me for some reason. I don't know who you are and what you are up to and you are rejecting me as a fellow human being.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Gansta' fashion is for 'menace'. They dress to look threatening; and it works.

      Delete
  7. I agree but the rot has set in. Now half the police hide their faces. They should not be admitting that they fear criminals. The real undercover cops do not get photographed, it’s just the would be hard men of the armed police, very dangerous if you are a civilian, not so dangerous if you are a crook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never liked seeing our own policemen covering their faces. I suppose they do it to prevent reprisals. Next it'll be coppers on the beat with masks.

      Delete
  8. You wouldn't be allowed in a bank or post office wearing a motor bike helmet. I have said it before on Rachels blog: There should be airport type security with x ray machines.., in public places in the towns and cities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Over here (it's probably the same elsewhere) you can't buy petrol at a pump if you're wearing a helmet.

      Delete
  9. When I worked in Washington D.C. in a law firm many years ago I was working late, it was quiet and I was looking down at my computer. Suddenly a young man was standing in front of me with a balaclava over his face and, obviously, Jesus creepers on his feet since he arrived so quietly! He scared the life out of me but he was a bicycle courrier courriering paperwork to my law firm and being January needed the balaclava because of face freeze. Frightened the life out of me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not surprised. There was (is) an underground car park very near our Brighton home where gangs of people used to smoke dope. It was always very intimidating seeing them there; the police (of course) would do nothing.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...