Tuesday 20 August 2024

kiss on the lips - The dualers


I am lucky to live in an English town where buskers are very much a part of weekend life.

We have everything from S American pan-pipe bands, skiffle groups, and individual guitar players. Most are excellent musicians, and I imagine, earn good money from their day's work. I always make a point of contributing something to the best of them.

This video (below) always reminds me of Summer in Brighton. The Duelers are a band from S London, originally formed by brothers Si and Tyber Cranstoun. I believe they are now a full 10 piece band, and attract huge crowds wherever they play.

Here they are singing 'Kiss on the Lips'; inviting a couple of girls to dance with them. Wonderful.

15 comments:

  1. They are all having a good time there. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good buskers are wonderful; bad one's are awful.

      Delete
  2. Refreshing! And those two women danced so well. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good buskers are often far better musician's than many famous ones ! I always give something when I see them. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right. No auto-tune, no multi-tracking, just good honest music.

      Delete
  4. I love hearing buskers. Their music always give me a lift and I always give them as much small change as I've got

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I would rather give my small change to buskers, than to beggars.

      Delete
  5. Nothing better than talented street musicians on a city street gathering a crowd and everybody smiling. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, and it's all FREE, other than a small contribution.

      Delete
  6. I used to watch them on utuub all the time . Not these guys , but buskers. I shall return to one of my pleasure in life, now that you have reminded me. Makes me want to dance/move. Thank you so very much!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...