Imagine waking in the middle of the night to the sound of some bloody cat making a goddamn awful noise from with-inside a wall.
They listened and listened, trying to work-out where the little wretch could be, then were forced to move rooms so they could get some sleep in peace. In the morning they phoned the fire brigade, who soon arrived with hammer and chisel, and cut a bloody great hole in the chimney breast.
And there it was; the little Monkey. It had gone to see what was down the chimney, and got stuck.
Here's the culprit (below). In disgrace.
So, why am I telling you about this? Well it all happened at my house in Brighton a few days ago.
The owners of the cat have promised to pay for the repairs!
Photos © Cath Gillo.