Sunday 7 May 2023

The Coronation.


What a wonderful day it was. 

Typical. They took my photo just as I happened to be looking up at the photographer.

Still, it gives an idea of where I was sitting, with H behind me to my left, and Kate in front to my right. I couldn't have asked for a better seat.


Personally I found the service a tad long, but the music and pageantry were fantastic. I didn't wear my ermine as I thought it would have been too warm.

What were my favourite bits? Well, the page boys all behaved impeccably, and the invitees all followed their instructions to the letter. Bryn Terfel and Rod Williams both sang beautifully. There was just one glaringly flat note from someone amongst the choir's sopranos, but that we forgive. 

A grand day out!

 

15 comments:

  1. Haha. Nice of you to keep an eye on Harry and Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before the service began, I saw you turning round to talk to The Spare. I presume you were giving him a piece of your mind about his whingeing and his wife.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only spoke two words, the second of which was 'off'. Did you hear the ripple of applause?

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you. One does one's best for such occasions.

      Delete
  4. Oh, I'm so glad everything went well. I was truly concerned that you would run into Harry and give him such a tongue lashing that he would wind up writing about it in his next tell all book. I imagine that the organizers were concerned as well, paying careful attention to seating arrangements.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told him to "Get behind me Satan", and he obliged.

      Delete
  5. It was fun to watch, the first in my lifetime for millions of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite a show. We won't see another like it!

      Delete
  6. The King and Queen must be very pleased with the day. You look quite smart, sitting front and center.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. They were very kind with my seating.

      Delete
  7. Hmmm, I have several newspaper pages of the coronation photos and they seem to have photoshopped someone else's head where you were.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People will do anything these day for attention.

      Delete
  8. I must say you scrub up very well Cro. Very distinguished - and is that Lady M next to you?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...