As we are not here permanently, I am having to cut back any invasive greenery that might otherwise climb under, or dislodge, roof tiles whilst we are away.
This evergreen plant by the 'Pump House' was sadly getting a tad out of hand, so I decided to act.
I removed the top half completely, trimmed what remained, and re-discovered an outdoor lamp that I'd totally forgotten about. It was hanging by 1½ bare wires so it had to be thoroughly checked, cleaned inside, new holes drilled into the wall, then re-attached. Amazingly it still works!
I don't know if it looks any better or worse than before, but my mind will be at rest knowing that the roof tiles will be OK.
This particular roof was my very first attempt at roofing. I did everything from the block-work upwards, I think it still looks pretty good.
And here's the lamp, wires replaced, screwed back onto the wall, and working! I remained un-electrocuted; Hooray.