Thursday 6 June 2024

Off on my Holls.


I've really been looking forward to spending some time in France. I like everything about France, except maybe some of my new neighbours who have yet to understand the importance of camaraderie in country life.

What I'm not looking forward to is the drive down. My hips, right knee, and sciatica make long journeys quite painful; but we'll see how it goes. I'm hoping that lots of Ibuprofen will help.


We need to re-vamp the bathroom this year, and we also need to build a shed for 'Rory' the mower. Lots to do, and lots to spend.

I'm going to remove the Wisteria that is against the 'tower'. It grows so fast, and sends shoots up onto the roof and under the tiles. It has to go; nine months annual absence can do a lot of damage. We will still have one plant near the pool, so we won't be totally Wisteria-less. I shall let vines grow where a gap is left, which are easier to control. I do like plenty of foliage.

The house is still in a poor state. Lady M and Kimbo didn't have time to clear-up all the mess from February's break-in, so that'll be our first task. I've never locked the house or my car, other than when we went away for a long period, so in 50 years to have had only one break-in is a good record. Unfortunately it represents the lawlessness that has overtaken France and Europe over the past few years. Empty second homes are an easy target. 

Once the house is tidied, and the pool up and running, we will be more relaxed. But there's no rush; I shall soon have time to concentrate on developing my annual 'two tone feet'.


I shall be trundling down France's A 20 (l'Occitane) for a while; so, hopefully, I'll see you again in a few days time. 






 

18 comments:

  1. Enjoy France. Safe trip ! You have very nice feet !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good travelling. Hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a good journey, hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. have lots of breaks on your journey and plenty drinks of water.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you a happy summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Safe journey - hope all goes to plan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Safe travels, I spent a week near St Martin Du Crau last month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My father always referred to wisteria at 'the roof lifter' so I have been careful to plant it well away from roofs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How long is the drive, Cro? I hope you make it without too much discomfort!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wishing you a smooth trip, drama free! All will be perfected, with your tasks completed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. See ya on the flip side as they say.
    Keep upright and stop if the need arises.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you have a good journey. Looking forward to tales from France.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those two-tone feet are indeed a sight to behold. BON VOYAGE

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wishing you a safe and pain free journey to France and I look forward to hearing your stories of your Summer there. Wisteria is a beautiful sight to behold but it's just for a few weeks and is very hard work to keep under control. It is recognised as a weed. We planted one when we first moved to our house and it took fifteen years to flower, only to flower after the leaves so you couldn't see the flowers !..... we took it out ! Wishing you all a wonderful time and eat and drink until you burst !!! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have some expensive foot cream ( gift) called l'Occitane. Now I know the meaning of the word, thanks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...