I have just been listening to an American 'Democrat' talking about their policies. In my wildest dreams, I had never imagined that the USA could espouse policies that are even crazier than those of the UK's Polanski or Corbyn.
In a question/answer interview, Megan Romer, a senior representative of the DSA (Democratic Socialists of America), gave a fascinating insight into her view of a future US. Frankly I was shocked; I wasn't sure if I was listening to a comedy show, or the world's worst political nightmare. This was pure lunacy.
I didn't have time to note all her ideas, but she kept a straight-face as she declared how the DSA would 'Save America'.
She would abolish The Senate, which she described as being based on the UK's upper 'House of Lords'. The Upper House may at times be a thorn in the side of government, but that is why it is there. It is designed to 'filter' anything too crazy from becoming law.
She also wants to do away with all national borders; to allow any Tom Dick or Pedro in and out of the USA at will. WOW!!! Fellow Democrat Barack Obama managed to boot-out 5.3 Million undesirables; this loony wants to let them all in again!
She wants to abolish all PRISONS. I can't even imagine what was going through her mind with this one. Criminals would presumably be allowed to ply their trade without the fear of ever being punished. It's an interesting idea (totally bonkers of course), which no doubt would appeal to the criminal fraternity!
She also wants to 'Defund the Police'. I'm not quite sure what she means by this, but it seems to go along with her lets-all-be-nice-to-criminals stance.
And lastly, and possibly most dangerously, she wants to abolish the US department of ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement). A drug dealer's, and people smuggler's dream. Along with banning prisons, and doing away with the Police, this must be the greatest charter for a lawless USA ever proposed.
p.s. There is a short video circulating (top of page) of this woman and her ideas. Anyone thinking of voting in her direction would be wise to have a look!

23 comments:
They are of cause not the demratic party. Just a different party with some mad ideas . Pity they are not possible.
Kathy
It doesn't really matter who, or what, they are; they are obviously a dangerous bunch of nutters. I used to think our Green Party were nuts, but these people take the Gold Medal.
Megan Romeris is certainly not representative of mainstream Democrats. However, I agree with her about I.C.E. - Trump's lawless army of vigilantes - meting out punishment or even death without clear justification. The presence of such a masked and lawless mob is an affront to democracy.
You're probably right, but IT IS strange that no Democrats said anything when Obama was kicking-out all those Millions of illegals.
Luckily the DSA aren’t even a party, they are a political and activist organization and have a mere 100,000 members - which is too many. Interesting that the Trump mouthpiece that is Fox is giving them airtime - probably to convince MAGAs that this is what you get if you vote Democrat in the midterms.
Pity they don’t dedicate more airtime to the corruption of Trump.
Ooh, there are some great ideas for one of the UK parties to adopt, don't you think?
The Greens?
Luckily I don't know too much about US politics, other than Tr*mp wants to make it great again, and this bunch wants to destroy it. Quite some choice come the elections!
Thank goodness the newspapers dont have that problem with the u that your keyboard has. Would drive me potty to keep reading an asterisk for a u in my morning paper...
Note the broadcasting source, Fox, which has been fined millions for presenting lies. That nut job was only given airtime to discredit rational Democrats.
I could change it to Tru*p, but I've got used to Tr*mp.
I don't know anything about Fox, but I do keep hearing the name. I presume they are a right wing broadcaster. They wouldn't have had that nutter on otherwise.
You are spot on, Cro. I believe you'll find this short YouTube clip between Elon Musk and one of your prominent British journalists reflects accurately why we all must work a little harder to find our news sources https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLfkYIpUZ1E
I've seen bits of that interview before. He's a strange character, Musk. He speaks a lot of common sense, but he's made to look like a monster by the left. We do have his excellent Starlink internet, so I am adding to his huge wealth. As far as his political ideals are concerned, he's not my cup of Tea.
That's not a Democrat, that's just some nutter who claims to be a "Democratic Socialist" that Fox interviewed hoping to make the actual Democrats look crazy. I've never heard of her and I'm very politically aware. I wouldn't be surprised if she was merely a paid actor. Fox "news" has paid out billions after being sued for lies. You can't trust them at all. Please get so.e actual real political news from trustworthy sources, Cro. We're in enough trouble here without Fox lies and exaggerations being shared around the world.
There are people like that the world over; we have our fair share in the UK. Political trouble-makers. I do hope it's just a scam, otherwise people like that scare me; as do the loony right wing nutters.
Musk is such a family man…how many kids by how many women? A bit like Tr*ump. BTW Fox paid almost $800 million because of the lies it spread about the election being rigged. OF course it wasn’t rigged.
You say you know don’t know much about US politics, I do hope you have been following the reflecting pool debacle. it sums up Tr*mp in a nutshell.
My goodness Traveller, these bloody Republicans sound almost as vile as Ms Romer's lefties. It's all a mystery.
Cro, that woman is not a Democrat. She is a nutter. Please don't think the Democrats would want any of that... (except that I have to agree with Yorkshire Pudding about Trump's I.C.E. - they are dangerous). And I do believe that there is an agenda here... anything and everything to make the main stream Democratic party look bad. We are under siege here with the destruction of democracy as the goal.
Try being a Canadian. We have to live next to a maniac who wants to anschluss our country by taxing our goods. Since the 70s it's been known that the US wants our water and minerals but our leaders are idiots.
Trump seems to think they can make us consume US products when we don't want to. The US wine and alcohol industry has been hurt by boycotts. He hasn't realized that many Canadian women are refusing to purchase cosmetics owned the Lauder family (Estee Lauder, Clinque, Bobby Brown, etc). Lauder is behind much of the desire to annex Canada and Greenland.
Supposedly, Canada is flooding the US with drugs but it's the US sending drugs north.
I wouldn’t put all Republicans into that category. I have good friends who have voted Republican. I am referring to Tr*mp and M*sk. Amazing the Evangelicals love them. I just hope religion doesn’t come to the forefront of UK politics - like you, I am an atheist and it concerns me that a belief in God (which I view as ridiculous as belief in Leprechauns) can impact Uk politics. Luckily, the UK is more secular than the US.
The main person who's trying to make the Democrats look bad is that awful woman. I hope after this video has gone viral that she'll be outcast. I see she has 100,000 supporters; are they all crazy too???
He doesn't seem to have mentioned either Canada or Greenland recently. Maybe when he loses the war against Iran, he'll return to the subject. He's a strange man, if a country does something he doesn't like he adds 'Tariffs' to everything, then when he sees how it's affecting his own country, he lifts them. I have no idea if he's been 'good' for the USA in general, but he certainly is a very bad loser. It used to be said that the two best things that the UK gave to the USA were the English language and Democracy. They seem to be doing their best to destroy BOTH.
Post a Comment