Sunday 2 April 2023

Sacrilege.


I never thought I'd see the day when a Hot X Bun had anything inside other than dried fruit; but that day has arrived.

Someone recommended to me recently that I try M&S's CHEESE flavoured buns. My first impression was a very firm 'NO'. Cheese in a Hot X Bun; surely not!


However, I'm not one to refuse a challenge, so I bought some. I looked all over the pack to see if these (like ordinary buns) should be halved and toasted, but it didn't say. I presumed they should.

The only thing is; when is one supposed to eat them? With afternoon Tea, like an ordinary Hot X Bun? Or for breakfast maybe? I suppose we must experiment.


Mine was eaten as a light lunch, filled with a couple of rashers of bacon, as recommended by my friend.

Very nice. Yes, not bad at all.

 

13 comments:

  1. thats looks delicious. Bun was well toasted , exactly as I like.Have you tried Sainsbury's hot X buns? The "Taste the Difference" ones. full of fruit , the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I wrote about them here. I presume you mean the one's with the 'exotic' fruits; delicious.

      Delete
  2. Is nothing sacred!
    It looks delicious and I'm trying to conjure up the flavours. Some time since I've had a Hot X Bun - a neighbour used to make the most delicious ones, years ago.
    For lunch I'll have my croissant with bacon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound bizarre, but it works. They're very good, especially with some bacon.

      Delete
  3. I am vegan because of a serious health problem. That doesn't mean I don't miss certain things like toasted, buttered HCBs and brie cheese with French bread. Oh! My mouth is watering...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all our seasonal buns, etc. These days, of course, you can buy them all year round.

      Delete
    2. No longer a seasonal delight, sadly.
      In error I bought lemon and white chocolate ones. More like a cake but nice enough.

      Delete
  4. My father used to eat cheese scones with strawberry jam . Scones he made himself. Delicious. I'll be happy if I can find any sort of hot cross bun here.
    I have orders from my daughter to make some. Traditional spice

    ReplyDelete
  5. After reading your previous post about the Sainsburys exotic fruit hot cross buns we have been trying to find them in our local Sainsbury franchise but no luck. I am very disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well , I'm in on the sandwich. Looks delicious. I would eat it any time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As a sandwich, this looks very good. Bacon and cheese makes everything tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember hot cross buns from childhood, light and fluffy and full of fruit. nothing at all like the stodgy doughy buns available these days. The different flavours were introduced to entice the public into buying them again, hence the chocolate chip ones and all the other fancy flavours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's an interesting take on a hot cross bun. Sounds tasty.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...