Friday 19 February 2021

Celebrity Bomb Disposal.


The proliferation of Reality TV shows seems to know no bounds.

Such shows reached new depths for me recently when I saw a trailer for a show called 'Celebs go Farming' (or something equally stupid). I could name others but what's the point!

So, I think the time is right to re-float my idea of  'Celebrity Bomb Disposal', which I first proposed back in October 2015.

The idea was this. Minor Celebs would compete against each other to defuse a small bomb, with one Celeb being eliminated (possibly through injury) each week. Week by week the bombs would become bigger, and the defusing more complicated. Audience members would be encouraged to shout "CUT THE RED WIRE", etc, as well as other helpful suggestions.

When down to the final two Celebs, they would then compete against each other for a prize of £100,000 (to be donated to a charity of his/her choice). To win, one of the two would need to successfully defuse the most complicated and most dangerous bomb. As you can imagine, the tension would be nail-biting, and failure to defuse correctly (see above photo) would be met with much hilarity.

I predict HUGE audience figures, and if any TV channel is interested I can nominate several annoying Celebs who I'm sure would love to take part. 

© Celebrity Bomb Disposal 2015


36 comments:

  1. I'm in and will subscribe to whatever screens the show. Kaboom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure that Oz could suggest a few Celebs to participate!

      Delete
  2. No doubt you have very creative thinking. If your idea is accepted without a doubt it will come here as well as all reality shows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The difference is that this one would be worth watching.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you've copyrighted the title as I'm sure it's coming very soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By this time next year, I'll be a millionaire!

      Delete
  4. Do we all send you our lists of nominations for Celebs to take part?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've got enough really, but of course real favourites will be welcome.

      Delete
  5. Making my list will give some amusement today. Thank you. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep thinking of good candidates as I walk around. It gives me a chuckle at the same time.

      Delete
  6. You are a wise man. The original post would have had the lefty woke brigade frothing at the mouth. I was looking forward to watching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it is a well thought out idea, Cro. Making a positive impact in the world, one celebrity at a time.

    PS I hear tRUMP likes reality shows....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trump would refuse to accept that he hadn't won!

      Delete
    2. Oh, he'd just go all to pieces about it.

      Delete
  8. Marvellous idea Monsieur Magnon! Please may I propose that the following showbiz "celebrities" are all put near the top of the guest list?
    Ant & Dec
    Michael Portillo
    Piers Morgan
    Paul O'Grady
    Jacob Rees-Mogg
    Meghan Markle
    Nigel Farage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not Jacob; surely. He'd have to bring nanny.

      Delete
    2. "Jacob's been a very naughty boy in parliament hasn't he? Said some very spiteful things! Nanny Edith has to wash his mouth out now with salty water. Be a big boy Jacob! Stop crying. Nanny won't hurt you! Open wide you silly boy!"

      Delete
    3. I haven't noticed. He does seem to have the ability to pop lefties back in their box and unlike your heroes doesn't resort to threats of hanging and stabbing.

      Delete
    4. Now, now, boys. I'll have to set Sixtus on you, if you don't behave.

      Delete
    5. This is not the place Cro. But as he is too frightened to disturb his bubble it's the only place there is. Typical lefty. "Try counselling." The problem is they never say who or where to go. Thick or what.

      Delete
  9. As Lockdown has progressed your posts have become more amusing - is there a correlation?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant idea Cro, love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you know any TV producers, who are looking for an idea?

      Delete
  11. Cro! You often make me grin, but this morning I nearly spit coffee across the room. Why didn't I think of this!? Thanks for the great idea - and the smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can find a TV Co that wants the idea; we'll go halves!

      Delete
  12. I reckon there would be many Z list ‘ celebrities ‘ who would be willing !!!!! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They'd be queueing-up; it's what makes them tick, tick, tick.

      Delete
  13. What's Michael Portillo done to upset you? He likes trains after all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, the 'you' was referring to YP. Surely the fact that he was a sort of Tory can't warrant that.

      Delete
    2. If we all voted the same way, it would make elections very boring!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...