Friday 26 June 2015

Swimming prevents colds!



We had a slight problem when we opened the pool this year; although the water itself was spotless, part of the bottom was covered in a green algae that was 'welded' to the liner, unlike the usual algae this stuff wouldn't brush off. We're used to most ills, but not this!

We consulted experts, we consulted the web, and we desperately tried altering the chemical balance. Nothing seemed to work.

Then Lady Magnon read somewhere that Vitamin C (yes, Vitamin C) might do the job, so she started throwing her entire stock of Vitamin C tablets into the pool; and, hey presto, it worked.

So I went direct to Amazon and ordered some Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) powder, which arrived a couple of days ago.

I sprinkled it liberally around, and now the sides and bottom are back to their perfectly clean state.

With all that Vitamin C in the water, we should never be ill again. Amazing the solutions one comes across..... who would have thought that Vitamin C could be used as a pool cleaner!!!



22 comments:

  1. That's just....strange. But hey, whatever works!

    Gorgeous pool, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The miracle vitamin! Cures all ills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could just fill it with orange juice next time around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I get out of my bed the first thing i am going to do is check the date. I thought we were well past April......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately Lady M didn't read about the cleaning wonders of coca cola...

      Delete
    2. And to remove the corrosion on automobile battery cables.

      Delete
  5. I wonder what else it cleans. The things you learn from blogs. Amazing

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also wonder what else...

    ReplyDelete
  7. A daily swim in there should keep you super fit throughout the season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly feel the benefits throughout the summer. Tones me up a treat.

      Delete
  8. I never heard of it. I used to use a hydrogen peroxide based pool cleaner instead of chlorine. It was wonderful without the feel and smell of chlorine. Your pool makes me wish I still had it, especially during these hot days. My greenhouse now sits where the pool was.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't drink too much of the pool water Cro …… too much Vitamin C can give you flatulence !!!!!
    It's pretty hot here in th UK and is getting hotter …… I have pool envy. It looks so inviting. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Who knew? Now, thanks to you, I know it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never realised that swimming pools suffered from a lack of vitamins ---who'd have thought!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...