Wednesday 18 January 2023

Lost and Found.

 

Once again I have found a bag that I imagine had been stolen.

Two years ago I found a bag with its contents strewn about, that had been taken from a delivery driver's van as he was delivering pharmaceuticals to Boots. I was able to find the owner quite quickly.

Last year I found a girl's handbag complete with passport, driving licence, mobile phone, and a purse full of money, cards, etc. Again I was able to return her belongings to her within an hour or so.

This lot may not be so easy. There was nothing inside to suggest an owner; or if there was, it's now gone!

The bag contains swimming gear (everything was spread around), neoprene shoes, goggles, cap, and (bizarrely) a set of Hogwarts Playing cards.

I have posted a photo on our street's WhatsApp page, and sent another to Brighton's all-year-sea-swimming club. I imagine the owner must be a sea swimmer.

It remains to be seen if I can find the owner. I'm not over hopeful.


10 comments:

  1. I hope the owner hadn't left any valuables in the bag. I wonder if you will find them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They usually empty everything on the ground, then take anything of value. Sadly in this case there was nothing left behind to give any clues to ownership. I doubt if I'll ever find its owner. I've had no response so far.

      Delete
  2. Hopefully, as it's swimming gear, you'll be able to find the owner. It seems a strange selection of items to steal, but presumable the thief wasn't aware of the contents of the bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He or she might have had the interesting bits, and just dumped the rest.

      Delete
  3. If you don't connect with the owner, you'll have to take up sea swimming yourself... and in the evenings you can play patience with your new Hogwarts playing cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The design of the cards is awful. You have to really look hard at them to see what's what.

      Delete
  4. You obviously have a keen eye as you dog walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was spread all over the twitten behind our garage. Obviously a hurried search to find anything of value.

      Delete
  5. Loss of personal items due to thievery is despicable. Locally, we are having issues with delivery carriers. Things are going missing regularly. Catalytic converters are also being stolen from cars in large parking lots. Thieves seek the valuable precious metals inside catalytic converters. I read an article stating a thief can remove one in 2 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That happens here too, thieves are very brazen these days.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...