Wednesday 26 December 2012

Those Prezzies.


The gardening gloves fit like a glove, as do the second pair I received. The warm sensible gum-boot socks look warm and sensible. And the set of three 2B pencils will, I'm sure, come in very handy whenever 2B pencils are required.

I'm not yet sure what I'll do with the 400 metre ball of bright red nylon string, or the bizarre foot pampering device, or even the double-decker-bus-shaped soap on a rope. 

However, Lady Magnon liked her new watch, her expensive fancy hand cream, and the executive wind-up handbag torch. So no tongue pie!

On the Skype front, both sets of grandsons instantly spotted Grumpy underneath the Santa outfit (damn them), and all the children of my immediate area received chocolate Reindeer with red heart necklaces.   

The Turkey was generous in its sacrifice, the plum pudding worthy of several Michelin stars, and the various wines all of such quality that they would have graced the table of Bacchus himself.

So, it's Turkey sandwiches for two weeks, Turkey soup for a month, and only another 364 days until we do it all again (if we're saved).

16 comments:

  1. sounds as if you've had a lovely holiday! The presents are wrapped so beautifully. We had prime rib and dad made Yorkshire Pudding to go with. 'Twere good.

    Tomorrow: let's all sleep in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Splendid! I wasn't entirely certain that France still celebrated Christmas, what with bein' so close to the Meddite ... to the Meditter ... so close to North Africa, but you seem to have done it justice! Happy New Year Sir!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well men are so hard to buy for, you know, Cro!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sulking - Santa didn't bring me my leopard print onesie...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted one of those too..... for my scarecrow!

      Delete
  5. Oh and isn't Christmas best enjoyed from the rear view mirror? Happy turkey sandwiches, Cro - to me they're much better than the turkey had on the actual Big Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just had some for lunch; delicious. I honestly think this was the best Turkey I've ever eaten. Free range, organic, fresh, and not too big; perfect.

      Delete
  6. I got the last XL Brora Fair Isle jumper left in England. I will show it to you later.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just had our cold turkey sandwich, the first of many I suspect! Your presents are wrapped just as I did mine....I bought brown paper and a 'with love' rubber stamp .... some festive string and then ...job done!. The foot pampering device sounds intriguing.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just purchased a prime rib for our New Years Eve party. Catch up Co, on to the next holiday. Damn the turkey sandwich full steam ahead, or whatever they say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A prime rib of beef would require a mortgage here. Lucky you!

      Delete
  9. Sounds like a perfect Christmas indeed.

    I have a good recipe for Christmas pudding muffins, if you need it !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Italian born Brookly raised mother made two huge trays of lasagna (or "lasagnas" as she calls them) for our Christmas feast.
    Deliziosa!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We had prime rib too...from our neighbors cow. I think maybe a turkey with all the leftovers may be in store for new years with your tantalizing descriptions Cro. I want to ship you some of our beef! Probably not allowed eh?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh for turkey sandwiches - unfortunately I can't remember the last time I splashed out on a turkey. Still the chicken that my neighbour lovingly cooked was delicious and M. did have turkey along with ham and lamb in the rest home. I think he eats much better than me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...