Wednesday 29 November 2023

PAVAROTTI Nessun Dorma


I quite often post music videos on this page, but I thought it was about time I posted possibly the greatest combination of singer, orchestra, and composer of all time; that of Pavarotti singing Nessun Dorma from Puccini's Turandot, accompanied by The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra under the baton of Kurt Herbert Adler.

This is possibly the world's favourite operatic aria, and it's certainly worthy of its popularity.

Can anything ever get better than this?


11 comments:

  1. What a treat that was, Cro. Pavarotti singing in the world's most romantic language. A grand way to start the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unlikely to be the best when the audience greets an aria with applause!

    I prefer Domingo - who also had a much wider repertoire that Pavarotti.

    You are right about it being possibly the world's favourite aria - probably because of its use in the World Cup - it certainly brought the aria to many who don't listen to opera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was popularised in many ways, but no worse for that. It's a remarkable bit of work by either Pav' or Dom'.

      Delete
  3. I love Pavarotti's voice.
    I can't carry a note in a bucket, so am amazed that someone can produce such a beautiful sound!
    There are a few 'goose bump' moments in there for me! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always been a singer; choirboy, in bath, whilst cooking, etc. It gives me goosebumps too.

      Delete
  4. This is a favourite of mine Cro ...... goosebumps ! I'm not au fait with opera but I do love Puccini. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been to the Opera, but I do love the music.

      Delete
  5. Superb! I'm not an opera fan.... but this is truly outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have great admiration for his vocal capability, but I can't sit through eight minutes of it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...