Monday 28 August 2023

Such Massive Talent.


My daughter's Father-in-Law was/is a goldsmith/jeweller. He made exotic, and extremely expensive, items for the rich, royal, and famous. He was also the Vice Chairman of the Institute of Professional Goldsmiths Forum.

Below is one small example of his work. Buckets-full of 18 carat gold, a huge 500 carat carved Indian Emerald, Emerald and Diamond stem, and a pair of Peacocks dining on a plate of Diamonds. The whole is just 23 cms tall. His client owned the huge Emerald, and commissioned something to be built around it; as one would!!!


The standard of his work is second to none, and, as you can imagine, he was always in demand to make the most exotic creations.

Such things are not to my personal taste, but the craftsmanship is exemplary. I cannot imagine the process, or the time involved, of making such an object. I would love to show you more of his amazing creations, but without his permission; I'd better not. 

Anyway, well done 'Father Ted'.
 

31 comments:

  1. The talent of some people is mind boggling. I have always been in awe of those who can create that kind of art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't have the patience, but thank goodness that someone has!

      Delete
  2. He has an amazing talent, that could be in a museum because of its quality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His work does get shown around, it's not all hidden away in private hands.

      Delete
  3. Not to my taste either, but the skill is breathtaking

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. It's beautiful. Not something I'd have in my home, it needs a palace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must require much patience to create something so intricate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not to my taste either, but I can appreciate the superb craftsmanship.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The peacocks would be better off eating corn as diamonds have zero nutritional value and may cause internal damage when passing through the gut.

    Nonetheless, I applaud your daughter's father-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her husband, who was also a master-craftsman, did all the enamelling. Quite a team.

      Delete
  8. He is a master of his work. He obviously has great talent and a steady hand

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, it's certainly pretty and the craftsmanship is impressive, but what would one DO with such a thing? Just look at it, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They tend to end-up in travelling exhibitions, or museums. Not much else you can do with them.

      Delete
  10. I have the perfect place for that, but not the bank balance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Goodness me, amazing! But as Jennifer says, what on earth with you do with such a thing? I'd be afraid to have it on show anywhere, besides, it's not a useful item, it would just gather dust in my house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I was that wealthy, I think I'd give it to the V & A.

      Delete
  12. The artistry and skill in that piece is unlike anything I have ever seen. Precious metals and jewels throughout make it one-of-a-kind. It belongs in a palace or museum where people tour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not many people buy such things, but he always had a ready clientele. I suspect in the Middle East.

      Delete
  13. Much as I admire such talent it makes me realise what a complete lack of talent I have in the artistic spheres.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think any of us should compare ourselves to someone like him. Such talent is very rare.

      Delete
  14. I cannot imagine being wealthy enough to blithely spent that kind of money on a bauble. Don't get me wrong. As baubles go, this is a fine one...but...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are more Oligarchs around than we imagine.

      Delete
  15. Amazing talent. It does seem a bit too bling for us average folk.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...