Tuesday 28 August 2012

Shorts.



I'm a shorts wearer.

Every year I wear shorts from Spring to Autumn; usually this means from May till October.

I am at an age where I no longer worry about showing my knobbly knees and pale over-wintered skin. If the sight of my naked  limbs upsets, then look elsewhere.

When I was younger and more sensitive, shorts were confined to Summer holidays in far away places, where I was unknown and unlikely to be embarrassed. But now I throw caution to the winds, and bare all.

My long trousers have all been stored away in a drawer marked 'cold weather clothes', and shall remain there for at least another month regardless of weather. 

I have shopping shorts, everyday shorts, ratting shorts (above), special occasion shorts, and even swimming shorts. I love wearing shorts, and when Autumnal weather really sets in, I say au revoir to them with genuine sadness.

Avē Brācae Brevis.



Posted by Picasa

17 comments:

  1. You're a braver man than I, Bungditdin. Shorts look fine on me so long as they cover from above the belly-button to below the ankle at all times. I occasionally wear a t-shirt with a casual tie or a hat with a slightly floppy brim.

    I have a body ideally suited to the wearing of corrugated iron clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shorts are great - just so long as you don't wear socks with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just back from the garage where I've had a small 'ding' taken out of the front of the compact Royce. My first ever 'ding' after more than 45 years driving. And to add insult to injury, it cost me €30. I was, of course, wearing my shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This having been such a fabulous summer, I can count on one hand the number of times I have worn shorts this year. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shorts are the national (male) costume here in Canada Cro. Men wear them until the snow falls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with ya, Cro. I have the WORST legs known to humankind. Seriously! Like tree trunks! But I do not give a shite. It's summer and summer is short. (no pun intended) We need to make the most out of it and be comfortable in the process.
    Confession: I have worn flip-flops almost every day this summer, and the summer before. Except on dress-up occasions or when I'm on the back of my husband's motorcycle, there are only flip-flops on my feet. Even at work! (I don't see members of the public)
    So YAY for your shorts. And sorry about your 'ding.'

    ReplyDelete
  7. A complete repertoire can be difficult to accumulate, and I applaud you. It took me years to assemble a wardrobe of blue jeans for every occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. That's how I feel about them!

      Delete
    2. Couldn't agree more! Can't help feeling the world would be a better place if more of us showed our knees. All part of my campaign to grow old disgracefully. Socks and sandals banning bores, get lost, and go and live in some medieval dictatorship.

      Delete
  9. looks like a pair I would enjoy wearing

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have much trouble in getting Bob the wear the longer shorts like those,Aussie men in his age group are Kingee wearers and the blue singlet ..yes it is the uniform of the over 55's here and no Aussie man would be without his navy Kings and singlet lol I mean for around NOT going out lol you look very comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love wearing shorts in the summer. I'm currently wearing a pair of disreptuable cutoffs that are obscenely short. Nearly, that is, as they cover my entire bum. They are so comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ratting shorts???????

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...