Sunday, 20 September 2026

Inconsiderate Bast*rd.


Between our back gate and our garages is a small area of no-mans-land where we back out, turn our cars, or even park for a short while whilst unloading shopping. Otherwise it is kept clear at all times. It is private land, and is for the use of residents only!


However, occasionally some selfish idiot decides to use the area as a free car park. They block our garages, and simply act as if they have every right to be there.

I have encountered a Chinese family having picnics there (twice), a taxi driver using it as pick-up point, and many others who park there, go shopping in town, and couldn't care less about who they inconvenience.

Recently this car above blocked both my, and my neighbour's, garages. It was there all day. I wanted to go out but was blocked-in. My next door neighbour's wife is 'heavily pregnant' and they could require their car at any moment. Blocking both our garages like this is simply not acceptable.

So, what can one do about such behaviour? Well the answer is 'Not Much'. The Police aren't interested as it's private land. We can't let his tyres down, as that would make him stay there even longer. And we can't really pour a pot of paint over his windscreen, as he'd probably sue us.

This car (above) was there for most of the day. Luckily Lady Magnon did see the owner sitting in the car before driving away. He was of 'dark complexion', and was in the process of lighting a 'spliff'. When she told him 'what's what', he just shrugged his shoulders and drove away. He had won!

I'd previously put a note on the windscreen, but he didn't even bother to look at it. Maybe the traditional Potato up the exhaust pipe might have done the trick, but I didn't think of it early enough.

Any non-criminal solutions to our problem would be gratefully received.

2 comments:

Will said...

I know it would prolong the inconvenience, but could you clamp the car and then demand a very substantial fee to release it? Hundreds of pounds? After all, it is private land.....

Cro Magnon said...

That is something I have suggested myself, but I'm not sure of the legality. The one thing we wouldn't wish to do is to put ourselves in a position where we could be in trouble.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...