There have always been so-called 'mystics' who've claimed to see into the future; and just occasionally they get things right; they HAVE TO once in a while.
Baba Vanga, was seen by many to be the modern Nostradamus, and she was taken very seriously by those who believe in such things; and she still is. She certainly looked the part.
Most predictions are usually very vague, as with daily horoscopes, and can be interpreted to mean almost anything (As the Delphic Oracle once noted, 'A great army will win today's battle, etc').
Vanga has apparently announced that during 2026, WW3 will begin, that humanity will suffer a terrifying change, and that AI will cause havoc.
Personally I am a total sceptic. Vanga, who was from Bulgaria, died back in 1996 and even though people do claim that she has always been accurate, I have yet to see any firm evidence.
It is a strange thought, that if she is right about WW3, it will have been the fault of just one man; Putin. Just one Russian megalomaniac could possibly cause so much trouble for over 8 Billion people; why has he not been eliminated?
With just four months left of this year, it'll be interesting to see how accurate Baba Vanga really was. My fingers are crossed that she was wrong.

12 comments:
I think it is complete and utter rubbish. People do believe the strangest things.
Don't hold your breath! I remember reading her predictions 4 or 5 years ago. She was predicting WW3 to start back then. I read other dire warnings, none of which came true.
After the event anyone can interpret her predictions and twist them to suit the occasion.
Utter rubbish as Traveller says. And so is Nostradamus
She looks quite formidable and I'm sure she could really see into the future.
We are off shopping today to buy a camping gas stove and to stock up on tinned food ... just in case.
I have to agree with you. It's just another way of trying to make money out of the gullible.
Yes. It amazes me that people take any notice of these people. We can all predict things, and if they come true we can claim to be clairvoyant. It's all nonsense.
I predict that it will be a nice day, and all the shops will be open!
Much as I think Putin is evil, surely the one man who could cause WW3 is Trump
I tend to think of both the Russian and Iranian regimes as being much more evil that the USA. The USA may get things wrong, but they're not instigators of evil.
I thought that Baba Vanga was a suburb of Timbuktu in Mali. Now I predict that I was wrong. I rather fear that if Putin and Trump dropped dead on the same glorious day, there would be new monsters to replace them.
Sadly that is true. We need more peace-loving leaders in the world, otherwise it could be disastrous.
It's such a pity that these so-called "Mystics" can't predict something good for a change. Why is it all doom and gloom? How about a nice weather forecast, or good news for everyone with poor health - and getting it right?
The demise of Putin and his henchmen, the Orange Blob and his followers and that fat little fellow in N. Korea, would also be splendid news if the predictions were correct.
Coppa's Girl
Doom-n-gloom has more appeal. I suppose we expect good things to happen every day, but WW3 is more shocking, and grabs people's attention.
Post a Comment