French 'children' are very easily upset. If something doesn't suit their mood, they'll take to the streets, and as usual they'll burn cars, smash windows, and throw lumps at the Gendarmes.
Extreme right-winger Marine le Pen says it's all the fault of uncontrolled immigration, whilst the extreme left-wing Mayor of St Denis in Paris, M Bally Bagayoko, said 'Violence can be legitimate'. It's all become rather 'political and racist'.
At the last count 2,000 high school pupils aged between 12 and 17 had been arrested, but there will be more. These people, mostly of North African origin, have been burning-down their schools, and even attacking their teachers; some teachers had petrol poured over them; others were punched and kicked. This unpleasant bunch above are from Toulouse, but the riots are across the whole of France. More than 65 teachers have been injured.
I'm not quite sure exactly what they want, but it certainly has nothing to do with 'education' (otherwise they wouldn't be burning-down their own schools). They claim that money which should be going to upgrade their lawless filthy sink-estate ghettos, is being spent elsewhere. They want to bring society to a standstill, to occupy the streets, and to take control. They all hate 'French authority', and if this attitude isn't nipped in the bud very soon, it could quite possibly become another 1968 uprising.
I've mentioned a few times previously that my love-affair with France is waning. They are seeing many of the same problems that we see in the UK, in Germany, Sweden, and elsewhere. And unless something is done about it, it will only get worse.
I can remember a few years ago in France, driving around a roundabout that was swarming with nasty looking masked protesters. They held signs saying 'Hoot if you support us', so having seen the non-hooters being pelted with stones; I hooted. I had no idea what they were protesting about, but my windscreen survived.
Ain't life grand!

No comments:
Post a Comment