Wednesday, 7 October 2026

Cro left holding the Baby


It is no secret that I am an unashamed lover of Dogs. I love all Dogs except for Pit Bulls (and their mixtures), and those little Devils they call Chihuahuas. Everything else is always welcomed.


As you can imagine, we have lots of Dog-owner friends. Not only do they tend to be very pleasant people, but their Dogs are mostly fun too.

One good friend has three Dogs; two Golden Retrievers, and this little character above. This scruffy little creature is called 'Baby', and is a complete cutie. She seems to know that I'm an easy touch, and always comes to me for tickles, etc.

Her two Golden Retrievers are also lovely Dogs; GR's are probably my favourite Dogs (after Border Collies, of course). One has only one eye, and the other is just a big fur-ball of friendliness.

My very first dog (Hamlet, see side bar) was a scruffy Black-n-Tan Mutt. He was an adorable boy, and everyone else thought so too. I could hardly walk a few yards down the street without people stopping to stroke, and talk about him. He taught me a lot about Dog/Human relationships.


Immanuel Kant said "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals". The older I get, the more I respect all creatures; even the creepy-crawlies that most people squash underfoot. You wouldn't believe the amount of stinging insects I rescue (by hand) from the pool every year. I've yet to be stung.

In the hierarchy of the animal world, I always see Dogs as being at the 'High Table'!

In a previous life I must have been an Indian follower of 'Jainism'.

 

15 comments:

Adrian Ward said...

I am another who can't imagine life without animals around. I'd agree that dogs are the most intelligent. I'm lucky to share my life with two terriers and five horses, all are sociable.

Jennifer said...

Cro, I love this photo of you with Baby.❤️

Cro Magnon said...

I have to admit that I do prefer Dogs to a lot of people.

Cro Magnon said...

She's a real cutie. I've never owned a small Dog, but I can see the appeal.

Adrian Ward said...

Likewise.

Frances said...

I love the picture of Hamlet..always reminds me of my previous dog, a schnauzer. I now have the little white rescue you see in the pic! ( possibly a maltichon) He is much noisier than either of my 2 previous boys and can't leave him alone, but I love him so much.

Anonymous said...

J'aime les chats. Un chien a un besoin absolu de son maître. Le chat est plus individualiste , indépendant avec un charactère bien particulier. Si je devais avoir un chien ce serait un labrador ou un bobtail. En tout cas pas ces petits chiens quand portent dans un sac ou dans les bras.
Huguette

Anonymous said...

Qu 'on porte (faute de frappe sorry)
Huguette

Yorkshire Pudding said...

I am like you with nearly all creepy crawlies and insects. I respect their right to live but I am afraid that I make an exception with mosquitoes! As for being a lover of dogs, you should keep such information to yourself to avoid arrest.

Cro Magnon said...

Your Dog is very similar to a few I know; they're all lovely Dogs. Very friendly and energetic.

Cro Magnon said...

I was raised with a series of cats until I was about 14, so I have a great fondness for them. Freddie, our most recent, was adorable. I tend to agree about 'handbag Dogs'; when Dogs become fashion accessories I lose interest.

Traveller said...

Another lover of animals here. I used to live next door to a Rottweiler who seems vicious but was soft as anything.

It really annoys me when I read about people who don’t look after the animals they live with.

Cro Magnon said...

I agree, Mozzies I can do without!!! Especially in France. I shall ignore you final point. My life is my own.

Cro Magnon said...

The mistreatment of animals probably makes me more angry than anything.

Meanqueen said...

Another clue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...