Thursday 5 June 2014

Woops!



Call me nit-picking, but if you wished to erect a gate near to an existing Fire Hydrant, would you really place it here?

This is 300 metres from our house. The red Hydrant has been there for about 8 years, and the owner of the house (in the background) has chosen the same spot to make a new entrance to his property (no idea why).

He could easily have constructed the new gates a metre or more to the left, there's plenty of room; but no, he had to put them right behind the Fire Hydrant.

Bright or not so bright; for you to decide! (no prizes for guessing what I think)

p.s. Lady Magnon has just suggested that he might ask the Mayor to have the Hydrant moved, because it's obstructing his new gateway.



23 comments:

  1. Common sense is obviously not that common

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I just feel like screaming.

      Delete
    2. Yesssssssssss

      Screaming is fun....Aussie screaming is better than French screaming. I'll teach you
      how to do it :)
      Your neighbours will hate you!

      Delete
  2. Thoughts of washing the car on the way through?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you maybe on to something Helsie! Good thinking.

      Delete
  3. Must be some sort of logic behind this, but it eludes me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you told me it was a fire hydrant - with my failing eyesight I thought it was a small person in a red jersey and grey shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that your neighbour was put there by a higher power to make your life in the country a test.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is not the same neighbour who builds orange walls and smashes water metres.

      Delete
  6. I think it is an artistic statement; see how the bright red hydrant sets off the black wrought iron gate (or vice versa)? That may be giving them too much credit though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come to think of it, it does look like something one might see at The Tate.

      Delete
  7. I'd expect to see something like this being done on hippos blog not In France!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What do people think about when they are in the planning stage....chinese food and coffee shop donuts?? Certainly not about the job at hand. That much is obvious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. would have been interesting to hear the builders' comments!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That does sound like a rather French solution, because of course the people who put in the gate have to be right.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would think the council would have an ordinance about the close proximity of gate and hydrant???

    ReplyDelete
  12. Easy access for the fire brigade? That is, if the gate swings inward when entering.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...