Monday 2 June 2014

More of Roofing, and OAP Roofers.


                               

The more I look at Monsieur F's roof job up at the barn, the more I admire him and his two sidekicks.

A lot of swearing accompanied my own recent roof work (2011) above, but I didn't hear a single expletive from Monsieur F, or his men. Obviously a sign of true professionalism.

Below is my roof, as it was yesterday afternoon (I'm only showing this for you to admire the foliage).


The echo of rude words still lingers amongst the Wisteria flowers. 

We have friends coming to take up 'tower' residence for a few days, after which we will move-in until September.

And yesterday, we opened the pool (although I don't think we'll be swimming for a couple of days). Everything worked as it should... It's always a nerve racking moment.... Phew!




20 comments:

  1. The tower looks most enticing. It's going to be a lovely summer. Enjoy it to the full! It's the first day of winter on this side of the planet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure your NZ winters aren't as bad as ours. Sleeping in the 'tower' certainly has an appeal; a bit like sleeping in a fortified medieval tent.

      Delete
    2. You're right, I can't really complain about out winters, compared to winters in Europe. I had never even seen snow until I visited England.

      Delete
  2. That's a damn fine roof though Cro. (You opened your pool - that's why we've got thick fog here this morning!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just off with the dogs for their first walk of the day.... I may lose them in the fog!

      Delete
    2. Hey - beat you through the checkout this morning!

      Delete
    3. We were a bit late (Lady M's fault), did you really see us?

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. The water's a tiny bit cloudy; I'm working on it.

      Delete
  4. The official beginning of summer with the opening of the Tower Room to guests and the grand opening of the pool. Let the games begin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once the cover's off the pool, we go crazy!

      Delete
  5. It is so beautiful at your place Cro.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks beautiful, including the foliage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just adore that little building Cro - both when it was first done and (even more) once all that foliage has covered it. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now THAT building has character!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You do nice work, Monsieur, even if you used a blue word or two.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...