Wednesday 11 June 2014

Croquet (but not as we know it).



                              'The Grand Cru' v 'The Mumblers'.

The Grand Cru (Cro and friend Serge) took on the might of The Mumblers (Lady M, Ms Miller, and two dogs) at The Lumberjack International Croquet Ground on Tuesday evening.

Astonishingly (I repeat 'astonishingly') The Mumblers managed to win the game 'BY OUTRAGEOUS CHEATING'.

Why is it whenever we play Croquet, it always ends up with more cheating than regular play?

I know it's a game that lends itself to creative interpretation of the rules; but this was ridiculous!

In future I shall return to chess.





19 comments:

  1. Admit your defeat like a man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Croquet is a game that lends itself to creative interpretation. Sneakiest player wins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to see a photo of Lady Cro! Looks a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lady M is the one in the distance with dog.

      Delete
  4. Your croquet court looks about as well manicured as ours. Outrageous cheating is all part of the fun with croquet - I've never experienced a calm, dignified game yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few minutes before I took the photo is was 6 ins high with weeds.

      Delete
  5. I bet you had a lot of laughs and a fun time despite or because of the cheating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always cheat at croquet. I thought everybody did. Perhaps it is a female thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's what makes it fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't played croquet in years.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Last time we played "the cheater" tossed my ball into the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cheating and arguments are what make croquet fun! I might just have to dust off the old set.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yes, chess is much more fun when played with mallets but it's harder to hide your cheating.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...