Tuesday 3 June 2014

Lookin' good.



Pool opening, after its long winter's hibernation, is fraught with danger.

This last winter I went against most advice and covered the pool with a large sheet of heavy duty black plastic, which I cut to fit its shape; I left no central drainage hole. 

When we opened up on Sunday, the water beneath was sparkling clear. Then (being lazy) I allowed all the cover's gathered dirty water to go into the pool, on the  principle that any muck would go straight to the bottom, and could be vacuumed up very easily. Well, it sounded right.


The water's still a tiny bit 'milky' but this should go within the next few days.

We still have all the surrounding flagstones (the beach) to scrub clean, and the robot still has the bottom to vacuum, but otherwise everything has gone according to plan, and it looks almost ready to use.

No mice in the electrics, the pump is working, and Lady Magnon's busy knitting me a new pair of trunks as I write.

I've just been to look, and the water is 20 C. What larks!



20 comments:

  1. Looks lovely, I hope your knitted pants don't itch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knitted swimmers..nice and airy (giggles!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Y'see Cro this is where my terribly jealous nature gets the better of me....I will not be able to read of your pool adventures whilst I am sat here listening to thunderous rain...I live in grey cold drizzle constantly...your posts are just torture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I apologise, Libby, but I feel obliged to write about our dull, monotonous, daily lives.

      Delete
  4. Soon it will be grandson time again and the pool will be alive with shouts and splashes. What larks indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. those photos have warmed me up nicely! We are in West Wales and it's c-o-l-d! 16' yesterday, drizzly and grey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's the same colour as the sea off Cuba. Knitted trunks eh? Show us the photos - 'The Birth of Venus'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You MUST post a picture of yourself in the knitted swim trunks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my....the water looks lovely! Knitted swim trunks....indeed! A nice fine guage should show of your figure nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just as long as she knits the belt out of something STRONG.....

      Delete
  9. That is the most amazing setting for a pool. The palm makes it look quite exotic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of stuff drops in the pool, but I'd rather it 'landscaped' than plain.

      Delete
  10. Looks lovely! We've got sunshine here today, too! The temps may get to 70°F(~20­°C?) but it's a workday for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit overcast here.... probably because we have guests arriving tomorrow.

      Delete
  11. That is a very inviting looking pool.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Knitted trunks? Won't they stretch in the water and leave you in danger of being caught with your trousers down so to speak?
    Love the look of the pool - would love a swim in it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My mother had kept them. It is too depressing to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's so hot here...how I would love to have that bliss right outside my door!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How I would love to paddle in that pool, Cro! It would ease the stresses in my little world, right now.

    I think this is the fourth time I've 'witnessed' the unveiling of the pool. My how time flies.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...