Thank goodness it's all over.
I think Football should be a much shorter game; I would suggest that two 30 minute halves is more than enough.
Yet, now, the Americans have done the opposite. They stopped each half, half way though, so that the over-paid lovies could have a little glass of water, and they also created a very lengthy and very poor-taste show at half-time that went on for far too long.
Another aspect of the recent Football competition was 'POLITICS'. Those dear Argies were allowed to parade with silly banners claiming that The Falkland Islands somehow belong to THEM. No dears; they are British territory, and will remain so. Do you really need it to be explained to you a second time?
Let's get things straight. Britain first landed on the unoccupied islands in 1690. We later officially claimed them for The Crown in 1765. There has been a permanent British occupation since 1833; 47 years before Argentina even became an independent country in 1880.
The last referendum concerning the islands' sovereignty was held in 2013 when 99.8% of the residents voted to remain BRITISH. I'm not sure who the .2% was; probably some bloody rodent.
Frankly, who would YOU wish to rule over you? Those Charming Argies, or The United Kingdom?
I heard that the three main banner wavers (above) all play for English Clubs. Well they wouldn't any more if I had my say.
FIFA, of course, bans all political outbursts before, during, and after matches; they are very strict about such things. However, they seemed to have bypassed the rules just for the Argies. We shall see!
I almost forgot to mention. In the competition final, the Argies lost to Spain (1-0), so after the final whistle the Argies threw a few punches and kicks at the Spaniards, just to demonstrate what 'bad losers' they are!


16 comments:
Frankly, who would YOU wish to rule over you? Those Charming Argies, or The United Kingdom?
Considering the sheer, utter, incompetence of recent UK governments, this has to be a close call!.
At least Milei was prepared to rake his chainsaw to the bloated public sector, unlike his UK counterparts.
And with this new bunch taking over, I would almost agree with you. Have you seen Burnham's list of new Cabinet Ministers? Gawd help us!
At least we dodged the bullet of Mad Ed as Chancellor!
Agree with you on most of this. The Argentinian team played some dirty football.
You didn’t mention Trump’s role in all this. I was quite enjoyable watching him being resoundingly mocked by the crowd. He looked like an initiator wandering around on the stage after he had presented the trophy and let’s not forget his intervention to get the red card overturned.
I didn't actually watch the game. I saw a bit of the half-time singing, but that was all. The rest was related to me by those who DID watch.
I am sure the England fans on the terraces will express their view of the Argentine flag holders once they are back playing for UK teams, I am hoping for some brutal chants.
Yes indeed, thank goodness it's all over and as you say, it goes on far too long. What also annoys me is that football, or any sport, seems to be the first (or last) item on the news channels these days...since when did sport become part of general news?!!
Perhaps we'll even see a return to more 'home grown' players.
I have never played Football. I was Rugby, Cricket, and Rowing. So I find it a bit boring. The players all earn too much too!
Football is a challenge to watch, the game moves slowly. A shorter match and a smaller field would make it move much more rapidly.
Football - to (mis)quote Oscar Wilde - "the unspeakable chasing the uneatable".
I agree. Fewer players, shorter game length, and faster action would all help.
Did you know that an England Rugby player earns about £150 K per annum, whereas an England Football player earns £3 Million +. Quite ridiculous!
Now I know why I never played it. I stuck with more violent games!!!
Agreed, 30 minutes each way would be more than enough. I watch a lot of soccer because K is a great fan. I've got to recognise a lot of players and even learn some rules. But I wish we could see rugby instead. NZ greatest All Blacks!! No rugby here.
Nice to have you back old boy , I was worried until I messaged u
Post a Comment