Thursday 27 May 2010

Our National Amy W.

I first saw Amy Winehouse performing on one of Jools Holland's New year's eve 'Hootenanny' programmes; it was probably 5 or 6 years ago.

I was totally bowled-over by her performance. It was the first time I'd seen her singing live (even on TV), and her two songs were terrific. She was basically sober, coherent, and MAGICAL.

OK, most singers probably have a drink or two before going on stage, but just look at what being a total smack-head does to you. Take a look at the clip below from 2008. If it doesn't want to make you take her in charge, I don't know what would. A huge talent gone to waste? I hope not; lets 'pray' she manages to sort herself out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5jEU9hatcI

6 comments:

  1. She's gone a bit quiet over the last few months - I think she's moved back near her father, doing rehab (yes, yes, yes), and the tabloids are leaving her alone for a while. Hopefully she has ditched that twat from Babyshambles too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking like this is extra unattractive when you get to be in your 60's. She might be an interesting and cutsie "fun" girl now but if she keeps it up her few minutes of fame will be forgotten history.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one bad picture. But I do feel sorry for her. Some people just have the worst time getting over their addictions, and unfortunately for her, it's happening in front of the world.

    Can a person this far gone clean up their life and rebuild their reputation? Yes, I believe they can. This picture is the before shot. I hope she makes it the happily ever after version.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...