Wednesday 4 September 2024

Back 'home'.

 

So, here we are, back in Brighton after a very tiring but reasonably uneventful trip. Billy is as pleased to be back 'home' as we are. I think the trip must be more arduous for him than it is for us, but at least he can sleep for most of the time. He has already met-up with several old chums in the park; as have we. How lovely to be greeted warmly again wherever we go.

Both Lady M and I will now relax for a few days. We've both been suffering from the usual old-age aches and pains, and it'll be good to allow our bodies to revive; we had far too much to do before leaving France, and were both exhausted; even before the journey. Kimbo and Susie are away in Italy for a while!

With my mobility problems I shan't be doing too much, but I shall still be driving to the shops, village pubs, and maybe to sit by the sea. I shan't be doing much walking around town for a while.

We drove into central Brighton at around 9.45 pm yesterday, and the whole place was BUZZING with activity. Loads of young people everywhere, all enjoying a reasonably warm and dry evening. What a difference to where we live in France, where our nearby 'Bastide Town' is dead by about 8.30 pm.

So, I shall be off to my favourite 'out of town' supermarket tomorrow, to buy lots of vegetables, fruit, a pork pie, and a BIG JOINT OF BEEF. I have a real craving for Beef at the moment; I haven't had any for ages. 

I must admit; it's very good (particularly this year) to be back home.

25 comments:

  1. Welcome home Cro. How good that you have such a wonderful place to live in. I wish you good health and complete enjoyment of all the good that awaits you there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Yael. We are both totally exhausted, so will be relaxing for a while. I can hardly walk this morning; I'm no longer a Spring Chicken!

      Delete
  2. Glad you had a reasonably good trip home. You recently mentioned doing a lot of laps of your pool daily. Surely there is somewhere in Brighton you could continue with this to help your mobility.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I swim here, I have to get in the car, drive for miles, find somewhere to park, pay an exorbitant fee to swim, etc. At home I simply walk through the studio; and SPLASH. I'll get my exercise with Billy.

      Delete
    2. Why can't you swim at the beach? I thought you lived near the beach

      Delete
  3. Welcome home. Glad to hear the journey was uneventful if exhausting. Relax and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol. Yes, we're both a bit like zombies this morning. A couple of days and we should be back to 'normal'.

      Delete
  4. Coming home. Where all is familiar, comfortable and friendly. Isn't it wonderful. I hope your health does improve and you can return to France though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My wife took Billy for a walk this morning and met EIGHT people she knew. I was pruning the vines and met TWO.

      Yes, for the moment I feel pretty rough. I will recover.

      Delete
  5. Welcome back Cro, gosh, that's a hell of a drive isn't it, no wonder you're all knackered! Enjoy a good rest now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to do it in one go, arrive home, and start digging the garden, or mow the lawn. These days we take two days, and arrive shattered.

      Delete
  6. Welcome home Cro and Lady M ...... I have to say, whenever I go away, I am always ready to get back home. Put your feet up and take it easy now for a few days. Driving all that way is very tiring, physically and mentally even for the young ! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt very relieved, yesterday evening, to be back in Blighty. It was a huge weight off my mind.

      Delete
  7. I am glad you made it home safely Cro. Tonight you could order a curry from Cardamom Indian Restaurant on St James's Street. It is highly rated in the local area. See ordering website:-
    https://www.cardamombrighton.co.uk/ordering

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the restaurant well. In fact I think the Mem-Sahib is popping down to M & S later to buy their excellent ready-made Lasagne!

      Delete
  8. Good to know that you're all back safely Cro.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a huge relief for us too. Such trips are no longer that easy.

      Delete
  9. Welcome home, I look forward to hearing about the joys of home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear that you are back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You sound happy to be there! Good. Now you can relax. Sleep well super trio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a relief to be back. My sleeping hasn't improved though!

      Delete
  12. Traveling when you are not feeling 100% is hard. I'm glad you are safely back in Brighton. Seeing your Brighton friends will be very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we've already met lots of friends. Having a dog changes one's life completely.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...