Monday 24 June 2024

A Karchering (Stanleying) we will go!


Verb: to Karcher (see also, to Stanley). M. To sweat profusely whilst cleaning car, dog, or pool surround. To obey orders. To make a bad back even badder. 

Noun: Karcher (see also, Stanley). M. An object with many wires, pipes, etc. A tangle. An item of torture. An object to be avoided.


Yesterday was the big day. Get out the Karcher (the Stanley), and blast away all the winter detritus that was clinging to the surrounding flagstones.

Many may find this a fun and pleasant job, but with a bad back it is torture.

Anyway, it's now done and looking good, so to celebrate I threw myself into the glacial waters (20 C), I swam two lengths then headed for the kitchen and a hot cup of tea.

I'm completely Karchered.

 

18 comments:

  1. Well done. A pat on the back. Our son used to leave (clean) words on the patio when he did ours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't you find a boy scout to do it for you? Bob a Job?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you send one over; I'll pay for the postage!

      Delete
  3. I suspect it will be more than a bob a job these days!
    The painters are here and before they begin painting the walls they are Kärchering nearly everything in sight. Saves me the job of Kärchering the sand from the Sahara off the tiles that the last week's rain left behind. Like you I have a "dicky" back and after an hour or so have to give up. It's so frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Frustrating' is the right word. There's so much I need to do, but my wretched back says "No". I'm suffering this morning!

      Delete
  4. Good work. You've been thinking of that first swim for ages, I imagine. When will the water warm up? Silly question. When you get some sunshine of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's about 30 C today, so it'll warm up a bit. I shall leave my swimming until late afternoon.

      Delete
  5. That pool looks so inviting! Perfect aftera hot and sweaty job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just about to take the plunge; it's still quite cold.

      Delete
  6. Yipee, I have my cozzie clean and ready to go. Last one in is last one out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like manual labor, time to hire someone else to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can get an attachment for power washers that are designed for cleaning flat surfaces. They aren't expensive and really save the back. They look like the old fashioned floor polishers you sweep back and forth. They also keep you cleaner and dryer while using.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we have one. It's a round, flat, disk, but I haven't tried it. Maybe next time. Anything to help my poor back.

      Delete
  9. The pool and patio surround looks outstanding. Swimming daily will strengthen your back and hopefully reduce pain. Back pain is terrible and must be eliminated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a good swim yesterday (my usual 10 lengths), and felt no pain whilst swimming. I might take a few pills today as well.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...