Saturday 25 May 2024

Debi.


The Compact Royce Mk 2 (Debi) was at the doctors for a check-up yesterday. She also needed a certificate to prove that she was in fine fettle.

I had no doubts about her well-being, and I was correct in my assumptions. She didn't require any medicines, transfusions, or transplants, and the senior Nurse awarded her a First Class Health Certificate. Amazingly, there was absolutely NOTHING wrong with her. She's now fit to hit the road for another year without fear of anything falling off or breaking; although there is never a guarantee. 


Debi is no Spring Chicken, but she has always been a home-loving gal, and has only travelled just over 30,000 miles. There's plenty of life in her yet.

She doesn't travel far. In the UK to Sainsbury's and back twice a week, and in France to Leclerc twice a week. She enjoys her trips, but is happy to stay at home for the rest of the week, tucked-up in her cosy garage.

I like the old gal. She answers all my requests, and occasionally goes beyond expectations. She's more of a Roger Bannister than a Usain Bolt, but she can hold her own amongst most other four-wheeled athletes; she is also reasonably cheap to run. She is sporty without being boastful, and she is pleasing on the eye. What more could a chap want?

I don't like to reveal a lady's age but Debi was born in 2012, making her a sprightly 12 years old. You really wouldn't know!

Full Service and MOT: £255. Worth every penny!

 

23 comments:

  1. Nice little car, should easily last 100,000 miles, in other words she will outlive us. My little VW is a 2008 with about 45,000 miles, and will run longer than I will be able to drive, the way I enjoy his company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'His' company? Are you saying that your car is male? I have never had a male car, all mine have been cheeky little minxes.

      Delete
  2. Well done Debi. She should get you safely down to your abode en France soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just been shopping, and noticed that they've washed her too. Wonderful.

      Delete
  3. I'm always surprised, (maybe not anymore) how much men admire their cars, I love my Volkswagen, but more afraid of it than admiring it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think women have a totally different relationship with their cars. I've loved all my cars for a variety of reasons.

      Delete
  4. Is Lady Magnon aware of your intimate relationship with Debi? It is slightly weird that you pay other men to give her a "full service".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has said that Debi could become grounds for divorce, but other than that she's OK with her.

      Delete
  5. Well done Debi!
    My car (smaller version of Debi) is due for it's annual check up in August, but due to a "re-organisation" of the system, I now have to book at the beginning of June. After all, why let a system which has run smoothly for years continue, when you can cause chaos under the guise of "improvement to service"!
    I understand that our human health system has also been similarly "improved"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My usual garage had lost it's MOT capability (computer gone mad), so I went to a big pukka Peugeot garage instead. I must say I was extremely impressed.

      Delete
    2. I use the Peugeot garage that I bought the car from. They service it and then take it for it's MOT. They also kindly send someone to take me home and pick me up when the car is ready for collection.

      Delete
  6. Carry on old girl - there's plenty of life left yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure there is, especially after yesterday.

      Delete
  7. This post /comments are a delight.Could be my favorite so far!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We just changed our car and it also got a full bill of health. We had it cleaned when we picked it up and the next day it was covered in spatters of red mud. It was new, to us, so we washed it again ourselves and as we washed it started to rain red mud again. Maybe next month we'll try again.
    How often do you need to get Debi's health certificate? Here it's every 2 years. Gives us a gap to enjoy running around

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In France it was every two years, but here it's every year. It would be!!!

      Delete
  9. Cro....congrats on your car's condition. I am not trying to out-do you but....can you believe I bought my car in 2014 because I can't? I just took it in last week for TLC and spent $1,600 US dollars. As I sat in the waiting room for her....I couldn't believe how lucky I am. So I am delighted about your car and your attitude. We are lucky folks. Isn't it delightful? From the base of the mini-mountain in Maine. Regina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I drove home in her, she seemed like a brand new car. Then I remembered that I'd asked them to check the tyre pressures. What a difference that makes. They gave her a wash too. I can still hardly believe my luck.

      Delete
  10. Good news on the health of Debi. Now she is ready for her journey to France.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it gives confidence for a long journey.

      Delete
  11. My gal, Red, is also a 2012 babe. On Monday she is getting new summer shoes and rims. She just received new inter shoes and rims.

    She's going to run forever. Or as long as I'm driving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Debi is in line to be re-shod next year. I shall have to start saving! Kind regards to Red.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...