Thursday 16 October 2014

England's, and France's, Favourite Subject.



I never used to take much notice of weather forecasts, but for the past few years I've checked it daily.

Prior to having my new (Windows 8) laptop I used to use a French service called 'La Chaine Meteo', which (I was assured) was used by all French farmers everywhere, and therefore infallible.

Frankly it was bloody useless. In fact, if it said it would rain you could almost guarantee it wouldn't; and vice versa. So it's been DUMPED.


In its stead I now use Microsoft's own system. It is as comprehensive as one could possibly want, and seems to get things spot-on.

It has an hour by hour forecast, a 10 day forecast, several maps including almost-live satellite shots, and a historic view of the month's highs and lows etc.

On the lower picture you might see that at 8am it was to be foggy and 12 C. When I went outside to check, it was exactly that. 

On the top picture, you can probably see that we have roughly 25 C forecast for the next few days; 25 C just happens to be my favourite temperature, another good reason to follow MSN weather.


21 comments:

  1. Ha, not only England and France's fave subject: South Africans talk about and check the weather all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We also do it here. It gives us the illusion that we control the uncontroled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So do Kiwis and Aussies. The weather is universal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, we are on par at the moment. Down here in Melbourne we are looking at around the same temperatures, only we are heading up and you are heading down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you 25 deg sounds wonderful our temperatures are lowering daily

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use the Nutella for weather forecasting. Easily spreadable, hot dry weather, not spreadable, frost with different spreading and grades of weather in between.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We hang ex-stockbrokers outdoors. If they're wet it's raining, if they're white it's snowing, if they're red there's probably a nice sunset. Works every time.

      Delete
  7. Haha, made me laugh.

    There'll be a few bargains in the Markets today...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not trading any more; I have a fixed portfolio, and crossed fingers.

      Delete
    2. I hope it is not exposed to Greece.

      Delete
  8. The BBC's weather forecasts have become so much more accurate since they stopped the long-range ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 'Met Office' was recently declared to be the world's best, and I believe its forecasting was used by the US armed forces.

      Delete
  9. i thought Canadians had 'weather talk' sewn up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I use our national weather service, and have an app on my phone. I've added other locations than home to it, for places I visit. I don't know how to delete them, so now I can have a weather alert sound in my pocket and tell the turned faces, "Oh, that must be for Indianapolis; it won't be here for hours."

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our forecast is for getting warmer and drier this weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oregon has had such an unusually long warm summer and it is sunny and warm today. Sadly they are predicting the return of rain, nonstop month after month of rain…….poop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I look at the weather, too, or listen to the marine forecast during sailing season. I like to know what's going on in the winter, too, so if snow's coming, I can allow for more travel time if it's someplace I need to go, or reschedule if the meet-up is not dire.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We watch the weather too, mainly to see if it is going to rain. We live in hope !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loubejac? That's why you're in love with Blonde d'Aquitaine cattle!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...