Thursday 27 March 2014

Veggie Wednesday 4: Pizza.



Well, it had to be on the list; didn't it. Pizza, pizza, pizza.

I'm not sure how certain veggies would feel about the addition of anchovies on this offering; but for me a pizza is not a pizza without them!

Otherwise it's pretty basic; green pesto for the base, then tomatoes, then mozzarella, then anchovies.

I bought a ready-made base (I'm no fool), and also added a couple of black olives.

N.B. May I add that (in my opinion) putting pineapple chunks, chocolate, or Spam on a pizza should be a serious offence. I'm sure that in Sharia Law they already have the appropriate punishment.



18 comments:

  1. Nice looking tomatoes so early in the season. It all looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had pizza with anchovies in Prague yesterday. I agree, pizza has to have anchovies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't think of any way your pizza could be improved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never thought of a pesto base mine is always tomato based - looks good though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try it, Elaine. You might never go back to the tomato.

      Delete
  5. I shall spend the rest of the day cooking up(!) appropriate punishment for including chocolate, spam or pineapple in pizzas. My imagination is fired.
    Maybe I should ask the medicine woman who commented on my post,as she knows about spam!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damn, that looks good! (I would sneak some salami onto it, though, while nobody was looking.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even on non-veggie days mine are usually made without meat, although I do occasionally add a few very thin slices of chorizo.

      Delete
  7. We love our ham and pineapple pizzas here in Oz !!.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never thought of a pesto base, but since I love Pesto and make it all summer, I will definitely try it.

    You can have my share of anchovies in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. and mine. Liking the pesto base idea, would speed up my pizza making no end. My husband makes the pizza bases in the bread machine and I'm ashamed to say that after 25 years as a veggie (until 5 years ago) I adore homemade pizza with chorizo!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...