Thursday 11 April 2024

Flyers.


Probably like most households, we receive an inordinate number of 'flyers' through the letter box.

Mostly they are for pizzas, Chinese take-aways, house cleaning services, and mobility scooters. Rarely do we receive 'occult' material, so I was fascinated to see the below come through the letter box yesterday.

Frankly, I was amazed to see that 'god' has returned to earth under a 'New Name', and to see that he is here 'to rule, to unite, heal, and renew'.


On the reverse we read that the 'New Name' is in fact one Olumba Olumba Obu, who is the founder and 'sustainer' of this new 'Brotherhood'. He informs us that the whole world has been waiting for him! I'm sure they have!

His aims are all very laudable, no sin, and plenty of love and peace. He also promises that he will answer all your problems. So hallelujah, praise be Mr 'god' Obu.


Olumba doesn't really look like my idea of an omnipotent god, and what are those 3 suspicious looking dots on his photo?

I have nothing against anyone starting a new business venture, but being a suspicious kind of person, I suspect that any new convert to the 'Brotherhood of the Cross and Star' might well be asked to contribute to Mr Obu's lifestyle and huge property portfolio prior to their problems being answered or solved. 

I have never really approved of private 'god businesses'. They always appear cynical, and have but one financial aim. Occasionally they also involve sex with either multiple wives or children, which is despicable. Why am I not surprised to see that Mr Obu comes from Nigeria?

We have enough gods already, so we really don't need another one. Anyway, I would require some proof that Olumba really is god before I hand over all my money. Turn some water into Merlot, walk across Loch Ness, and heal all cancer sufferers; that'll do for a start.

May I suggest otherwise that he boards his own 'ark of salvation', and sails away into that perfect sunrise.

 

24 comments:

  1. You might also ask what is his idea of 'sin'. That could be a can of worms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, that must have cost him a fair bit getting all those flyers printed. Or maybe not...they haven't left any room for print on the right hand side, bit of a slapdash job if you ask me. Oh, and look, you can watch him on YouTube, that'll be my mission for later today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He claims to have a million followers, which I suppose is where all his money comes from. I don't think I shall watch him on YouTube; the flyer is more than enough!

      Delete
  3. Praise be. Just what we've been waiting for. I shall head on over to his YouTube channel forthwith.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Surely David Icke is holding the position at the moment.... there can't be two!
    Perhaps David's prophecies haven't reached Nigeria!!
    Olumba Olumba Obu is therefore a clear fraud... David got there first!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear David, imagine what it must be like for him to face his own image in the mirror each day. Nightmare.

      Delete
  5. Such flyers deserve to be binned. However, you should perhaps save the mobility scooter leaflets. May I suggest the "Drive Envoy 4 Mobility Scooter". Coming in at under £2000 it is a robust vehicle with an excellent battery. Just tie Billy's lead to the handlebar as you zoom up to the churchyard at 20mph.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was looking at a Hells Angels 3 wheeler mobility scooter recently. It was about £8,000, and could reach 40 mph. Yeah baby!

      Delete
    2. One of my neighbours has one of those, I think they're great! He did say they are very expensive to repair if anything goes wrong on them.

      Delete
  6. Olumba-umba, mumbo jumbo. And there are still people out there that fall for this crap?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to him, over a million! Who are these nutters?

      Delete
  7. Maybe he's a retired Nigerian prince who having given away all his own money to loyal subjects is now needing to replenish the coffers. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a cult to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He sounds to me like something I cannot write here!

      Delete
  9. Thanks for reminding me that the USA does not have all of the crazies in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as extra 'gods' go, I think you still have the monopoly!

      Delete
  10. I'm always amazed that there are still people who fall for this rubbish! No doubt the freedom is for him to spend all your money!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He seems to own farms, water bottling plants, and all sorts of other businesses.

      Delete
  11. I tend to try to give most people 'the benefit of the doubt'... and I may be naive (and possibly a bit cynical), but I don't think "God" would ever require money (donation)...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or have all those various businesses he seems to own.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...