Wednesday 17 April 2024

Duffy - Warwick Avenue


Whatever happened to Duffy? I haven't heard her name mentioned for years.

I liked her voice, and most of her songs were good. I particularly like this one because it reminds me of my time spent in London, regularly moving from flat to flat; not a care in the world. It obviously meant a lot to her too as she actually begins to cry as she sings.

In case you don't know where Warwick Ave is, it's in a part of London known for bed-sits, and an ever changing young-ish population. It's also affordable. You'll find it between Maida Vale and Paddington; central, but not too up-market.


p.s. I have now looked on Wiki to see what happened to Duffy. It was all pretty horrendous, involving a nasty kidnapping, and other strange events. I believe she has since become something of a recluse. Poor girl.
 

6 comments:

  1. I saw her in concert 8 years ago now, a bit bland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe she was better on record than live; a lot of singers are!

      Delete
  2. "Warwick Avenue" was/is indeed a great song and her voice was just right for it. I knew about the kidnapping which of course would not have happened if she had not stepped into the limelight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only just read about it. What a dreadful experience for her, I'm not surprised she's quit the limelight.

      Delete
  3. I did not think there were any affordable places to live in London. What a sad end for Duffy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some places are more affordable than others! Nothing is cheap.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...