Wednesday 6 March 2024

Stuff.


I have a small black zipped bag that supposedly contains all that I need to travel from country to country, it is by my side at all times. Yesterday I decided to see what's in it.

Mostly it appears to be nail clipping and filing kit (my nails grow very quickly), but there's also an Opinel, a small magnifying glass, a silent dog whistle, a thick marker pen, a large hypodermic syringe, scissors, and several ball-point pens. In fact there's a pretty eclectic mix of 'essentials' in there.


I haven't yet used the whistle, or the syringe, or the magnifying glass, but I know that if required; they are there.

I also noticed that there is just one Indigestion Tablet, so I have now resolved to replace it with a full blister pack of 12.

All in all I think it's quite a sensible collection of 'essentials'. The only things that are missing are a Swiss Army Knife (but I have one of those in the car), a small .22 Derringer pistol (for obvious reasons), and a reliable lighter; which I have now added. 

 

19 comments:

  1. Yes, all good. Though stand by for the nail clippers, scissors, the Swiss Army Pen Knife and the pistol to be confiscated as you pass through border control.

    And don't forget a torch (slimline). And a roll of toilet paper.

    U

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your last two suggestions are in the car. I'll need the Derringer to get past customs.

      Delete
  2. How about a small note pad to write in with your several ballpoint pens.
    I carry a lot of 'essential' stuff in my handbag. It gets a bit heavy and I have to have a clean out now and again.
    I also have a small sewing kit, a teaspoon and 3 safety pins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one in the car, and another in my 'man bag'. I like the idea of a teaspoon; I might copy that.

      Delete
  3. When I read 'it is by my side at all times', I thought 'for a quick getaway?' For a moment I wondered if you secretly worked for M15.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's right in front of me as I write, and already this morning I've used two of its contents. As for MI5; I'm saying nothing.

      Delete
  4. A syringe?? Do you secretly work for Vladimir?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very handy, useful and practical. I just have a handbag full of stuff that is probably of no use at all !!! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. What about plasters and emergency condoms?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a lot of very small leather bound poetry books left to me by an aunt (she had a secret lover who bought them for her over the years). I think I would add one of those to your very useful kit. Also a note book - no good having pens if you have nothing to write on. Which book? Probably The Rubyat of Omar Khyam (probablly spelt wrong but can't get up and go to book shelves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the Rubaiyat in France. I'm not sure if I've read it; maybe I should this Summer.

      Delete
  8. If you lived in Texas, it would be at least a 9mm semi automatic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Between you bag of stuff and items in the car, you are prepared for survival of whatever lurks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Add a small notepad and a mini first aid kit (gauze and bandaids).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...