Tuesday 20 April 2010

Two horses.

I used to have one just like this! Mine had less dents and less rust, but otherwise it was pretty much the same.

I cannot tell you how wonderful it feels to be behind the wheel of a 2CV. Every moment is an adventure.

On several occasions I drove up to England in her. Before leaving, a friend would always say "You'll never make it", and she would laugh uncontrollably. I always did 'make it', and the car always behaved impeccably.

We've considered buying another one, but they now have serious rarity value; one in really good condition (unlike the above) would fetch quite a price.

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. There was a time when everyone's 1st car was a 2CV here - crazy, as I think they required more skill to drive than any of the alternatives at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember those 2CV, the receptionist at work used to drive one. One tank of fuel would take you for miles!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a little paint and some oil . . .

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...