Wednesday 21 April 2010

RIP Molly. 1997-2010.


Molly was not my dog; she was simply my niece, and I her uncle. When her owner, Terry, was away she always came to stay with me, and my home became hers. I like to think that she was almost as much at home here, as she was with Terry (but not quite).

Molly was born in Dubai. Terry found her wandering the streets, and took her in. Eventually she came to live in France in July 2001.

Luck was certainly on her side. Normally she would have remained simply a Dubai 'street dog'; a target for small local boys and their pockets filled with pebbles. But Terry saved her, and luckily she spent nearly all of her 13 years enjoying the best of conditions. Here in France she had the run of the most perfect countryside.

Yesterday she left us; she had been ill for some time.

So, off to dog-paradise with you Molly. You've had it pretty good, and maybe that's all that a stray can expect. We'll all miss you terribly, especially me; your faithful uncle Cro. xx


Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

  1. Oh, so so sorry. They worm their way into our hearts, don't they.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sad news. Molly was a lovely dog. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that, Cro. What a pretty little girl she was. It sounds like you gave her a wonderful life and much love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This news made me sad. Rest in peace, dear Molly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm dining with her owner, Terry, tonight. No doubt she will let a few tears fall. Thank you, everyone, for your kind words; I'll pass them on.

    A demain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cro, I'm so sorry to hear about Molly. That's the thing about animals,the little bit of love you give them they repay a million times over. So glad that in the latter years of her life she was so loved and cared for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh what a lovely being... my condolences...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sad! Losing an animal is so heart wrenching. So sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Im sorry to hear of your loss Cro, she looks beautiful and how fortunate she found a lovely owner and was able to live her days out in comfort and peace.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...